Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Day of planner .. thoughts ?! šŸ˜

Brittany, on February 28, 2018 at 08:22 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11
Hi everyone ! Iā€™m newly engaged and my fiancĆ© and I are going to do all the planning ourselves but Iā€™m a little worried for the day of. We are doing a non traditional wedding there will only be 15 people . My fiancĆ© thinks that we can just do everything the day of and ask for our familyā€™s help. But Iā€™m afraid that there will be too much to do and everyone will be stressing out lol. What are everyoneā€™s thoughts on day of planner ? Thanks so much šŸ˜

11 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on February 28, 2018 at 21:56
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You and your hubby should be able to handle 15 people on your own! Family will be happy to help, especially if you explain that you think you will need it. I have 250 guest with a full planner now who will be there day of as well, DEFINITELY needed lol
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say save your money and ask for family and friends to help. If people know ahead of time that they will be helping then there will be less stress. We managed to plan and coordinate our wedding with 75 guests all by ourselves so you've got this!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One is included with my venue and it's very reassuring to know, a lot of vendors will be showing up when I am getting ready and if they need any guidance she will be there. She will be in charge of confirming things are set up properly for my wedding vision and if anything goes wrong with the vendors they all asked for a day of contact and I put her info down so I won't be getting stressful calls while I'm getting ready. I recommend it if you are having multiple vendors come in but for a small wedding you may be able to go without
  • B
    Brittany Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Perfect. Thanks for all of the opinions ! Iā€™m thinking for now Iā€™ll say no to one. But Iā€™m going to write a list of things that will be done the day of and decided in a couple months if I will need one. Thanks all šŸ˜
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will ALWAYS say yes to this!!!! I have a type A personality and it's really hard for me to let people take over but I KNOW that I will need somebody for the day of. I know that I will want things to go as smoothly as possible and the only way for that to happen is for things to happen out of sight for me. If you're looking for a relaxing wedding day and have the money to do it, DO IT!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have the money, then go for it. If not then maybe skip it. I was recently at a wedding expo and spoke to some coordinators who told me their day-of price was $1100. I'm someone who's having 150 guests and I'm debating if I can pull it off without a DOC lol.

Honestly, I think 15 people should be manageable without a DOC.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think your wedding is small enough that you can probably get away without having one, especially if your family is willing to help out with setup and takedown. One of the benefits of getting one is that you get all their recommendations for different vendors. We have 150 guests so definitely went with a day of coordinator but my sister had 30 guests and a few of us just pitched in and she didn't need one.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having between 80-100 people, so we for sure are having a day of coordinator. However for only 15 I don't think it's necessary, planners/coordinators are expensive and for such a small number it might not be worth it. If you have a maid of honour or someone similar to that role you can have the play the role of day of coordinator.
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey we are having a smaller wedding (50ppl) with no wedding party...we decided to hire a day of and it was a great decision...she has been amazing to bounce ideas off of and on the day she will make sure all vendors show and do what is needed...set up and clean up...which was huge as no one will want to stay at the end to clean...and i dont want to...so that was my main deciding factor....i know it is not in the budget for everyone...but we made room for the piece of mind everything will be taken care of by someone other than me and my family...who have told me they just want to relax and enjoy the day lolšŸ˜€.
    though on a side note...i am soo jealous of all these brides who have great families and friend support to help on the day...makes it extra special for sure!!
  • B
    Brittany Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya thatā€™s a good idea. We arent doing a wedding party so we wonā€™t have them there to help

we will have some decorations , I would want decorations at the venue, not sure if we can access it before hand since it is a restaurant. But I guess when we do pictures we could always send a family member there ? We are just doing our parents and siblings.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine Ā·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been going back and forth about this too. Ultimately, we have decided to assign the various tasks to wedding party members/family. Now we just need to sit down and figure what all those things are and who should/can do them.

I think it would be nice to have someone like a day of coordinator to do that if you have the money. Sounds like you have a pretty small wedding though, are you doing a lot of decorations? What do you envision this person having to do on the day of?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics