Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Newbie August 2022 Alberta

Day of Coordinator costs

Rebecca, on January 25, 2022 at 23:43 Posted in Alberta 0 9
Hi all,

I wasn’t planning on hiring a day of coordinator but our situation has changed a bit and I think we’ll need to. That being said I’m a bit floored by the quotes I’m seeing so far. We’re pretty laid back, DIY and don’t need help with planning. I’m curious what others are paying for JUST day of service? Is there such a thing for under $1000? Getting married in Canmore.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on January 27, 2022 at 18:00
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually did know of cost being below $1000. Around $800-$900, but mind you were in Ottawa. You can shop around to see and compare where you are.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually just posted in the local Kelowna wedding sell/swap group on Facebook asking for day of coordinators. And she was one of many that responded. Since I live in Edmonton, it's hard to go and see companies in person. She's independent so that might factor into her pricing as well.

I know there's an Alberta wedding group as well as there should be some Calgary wedding groups on Facebook that you find and possibly go that route and see what you can find.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good advice, thank you! I am making sure to check reviews!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Amanda, how did you find her if you don’t mind my asking? Through a recommendation or just browsing planning companies?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My priority is basically just someone to tell everyone when and where to be. Set up and takedown would be nice but I could work around it. We don’t really have a ton of vendors to organize and are at a well established wedding venue so I don’t anticipate a ton of work for them to do which is why I don’t want to spend thousands lol. I’ve found a few more options since my post of more flexible companies who work around your needs. The initial costs I was seeing were between $****.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its possible you are paying a bit more for travel. I know I opted for a "decor planner" rather than a full planner, as we don't have much that needs planning but I need someone to set up decor. And we are paying $1000 alone just for set up take down, but she is not based locally, so some costs are travel.

What are you looking for out of your coordinator??

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Quotes are high as I had researched when we were getting married around $2K +. It didn't seem worth the price for the work to be done for a small wedding and all the set up to be done ourselves. The vendors did work out well though not much of the deposit was lost from 2 as oppose to thousands for a large count. The in laws did help as well at the venue.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Essentially, you're paying someone to actually allow you to enjoy your entire day and not deal with the little things - or really anything other than enjoying your day. Most will start helping you so they know what's up before the wedding. Just make sure you check references... There are some that charge an arm and a leg and do nothing. My friend was in that situation. Hers ended up getting herself invited to stay as a date after her time was over 🤦🏻‍♀️ so unprofessional!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every province is different depending what kind of service they provide. My fiance and I have a day of coordinator and we're paying between $800-900 for her service . She will be setting up all of our decor for ceremony and reception, helping with any questions that the vendors have since we won't be at the venue until 15 minutes before hand. She will also be helping us with the timing of walking down the aisle and when to walk into our reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics