Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabriella
Beginner September 2020 Ontario

Dancing in Ontario (simcoe Muskoka County)

Gabriella, on August 27, 2020 at 15:45 Posted in Ontario 1 3

Brides Smiley smile

Our venue was recently told dancing at wedding receptions is banned, so I checked with the Premier of Ontario’s office and got an email saying that dancing is not banned, just restricted to people’s social bubbles.
Dancing means so much to my fiancé and I and we had a plan to follow guidelines for gyms to ensure safety of guests.
I took that email to the simcoe county health department and they informed me that they are still banning dancing. Even though it is safer than gyms, yoga studios and dojo’s which are open.
I’m hoping if enough of us email their department that they will change their mind. The province doesn’t think it is a health risk to have socially distanced dancing at weddings and there haven’t been incidents of Covid spread in other provinces where dancing is not banned.
Their email is **.*****@*****.*** and I have attached the email that I got to the premier.Dancing in Ontario (simcoe Muskoka County) 1

3 Comments

Latest activity by Gabriella, on August 30, 2020 at 21:05
  • Gabriella
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Katarina! I think our restrictions are the same. We aren’t allowed dancing and our venue has been threatened with a $100,000 fine if anyone so much as taps a foot. Dancing is so special and it isn’t a risk of we dance with people in our social bubbles. I’ve emailed the premier as well and got the same answer. I think maybe emailing the ministry of health of Ontario may help? And also the local public health unit.

I’ll let you know if I hear of anything or find an email that we can email to get this bylaw changed!
  • K
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Gabriella!

I hear you, I've been so upset about dancing not being allowed. The only reason we did this big wedding in the first place was to have a place for everyone to dance! Our venue, unfortunately, is in Toronto where I think restrictions are much strong than Simcoe Muskoka County, but I am still determined to get this bylaw changed. I understand for public bars and restaurants but when we are hosting a private event like a wedding, why can't we dance with masks and socially distanced? Let me know if there is anything I should be doing to help, I've emailed the Premier and got a very fluff answer, see below

"Thank you for your email about weddings. I appreciate hearing your views and concerns. Our government recognizes the importance of being with loved ones during the moments that matter most. That is why our government is extending the number of people allowed to attend an indoor wedding to a maximum of 30 per cent capacity of the ceremony venue. If outdoors, the wedding ceremony is subject to the Stage 3 outdoor gathering limit of a maximum of 100 people.

For both indoor and outdoor ceremonies, those attending must follow proper health and safety advice, including practicing physical distancing from people who are not from the same household or their established 10-person social circle. Thanks again for contacting me.

Doug Ford

Premier of Ontario

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Regardless of what the Province or your local health unit says, the venue still has the authority to restrict activities they deem not to be safe. For example, some venues are hard capping events at 50 people, even if the room can fit 1000 and the government allows 30% for certain activities like ceremonies.

From the venue's perspective, I can see why they're hesitant. Can you guarantee that your guests will remain within their social circles? Especially after a few drinks and on a day after a prolonged period of not seeing each other?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics