Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Cutting the cake

Rayanne, on May 20, 2022 at 18:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 29
The cutting of the cake symbolizing the first thing you do together as a married couple. Are you including this tradition? I feel like there is a certain degree of trust involved with this one. I have seen the wedding video where the bride or groom smash cake into the others face and honestly I would be beyond angry. I guess it depends on the type of couple you are. We are having a small cake so we can do the cake cutting then the rest will be cupcakes. I feel cupcakes are just easier than having cake served even though our venue includes this service. What are your plans? The huge cake? Cupcakes? Or just going to forget this one?

29 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on May 25, 2022 at 11:19
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree....we wanted to have something for everyone. Now you've got me thinking about nut allergies. Perhaps I can put a note about food allergies in the online RSVP...

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooo 10 options makes it so much harder to choose lol
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Rayanne! At this time we have about 10 options on our dessert table estimating 3 items per person plus a cupcake. If there are any leftovers, we will have boxes that guests can take some home in.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mini cupcakes are a good idea for someone who just wants a bit or a couple of different desserts
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a cake cutting as well,. We have a one tier for us to cut and a 60/40 mix of full size and mini cupcakes for guests which will be included in our sweet table.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's not so challenging but I'm glad I watched a video to do it an easy way
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I have no idea how to cut it I haven't watched a video LOL
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice. I didn't think I cared but now that I watched a video and know what to do I'm ready 🤣
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the cake cutting!! We have a 2 tier cake Smiley smile
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love how untraditional cutting a donut would be....super cute IMO
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Instead of cutting the donut, maybe you two can ice the donut Smiley smile

• Sara
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are bringing in donuts instead of a cake, and I am not sure if we have a plan of 'cutting the donut' (lol). If it happens it happens, if not, no biggie. I am not a fan of being the centre of attention, so I am okay with forgoing a lot of the traditional things.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!!!! My fiance is all for the extra cake!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😊 thanks I'm not really worried about it. If things don't go as planned the day of hopefully it'll at least be a funny story. The cake cutting will only be a small part of the day. We won't even have the photographer there for it.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You most definitley wont mess up. jus rememer this is about you and your new husband. focus on each other and everything else will follow. where energy flows energy goes Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love cake....I always wonder what people mean by too much cake. It just doesn't make sense to me 🤣
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds really nice. I love cake I know not everyone does so it's always nice to have other sweets too.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a the cake cutting. we have a 3 layer cake only to serve about 80-90 guests and i have a table of other sweets. During our cake cutting we will also have a song played that we enjoy together

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are cutting our cake! We have decided on a 3 layer cake.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is perfect!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol yeah maybe don’t go on tik tok 😳
    I get sucked into wedding tik tok and it probably causes me more stress 😬😂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing cake cutting!! I dont even really like cake but for some reason I wanted to keep this tradition! We got a $20 cake from the grocery store! There will be lots of dessert at our wedding! My Fiancé will definitely not smash cake in my face! He knows that is unacceptable!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugh something new to stress about 🤣🤣
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes look it up on tik tok! Lol
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The boxes are a fantastic idea!! Cupcakes are the best form of cake Smiley smile
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My friend did have a cake and they literally forgot about it till it was time to leave and she ended up bringing cake home to serve 100 people 😅. We Aldo have cheesecake for a dessert and if it wasn't important to FH and my son didn't absolutely hate cheesecake we wouldn't worry about the cupcakes... We will also have a ridiculous amount of food available. I did buy some cupcake boxes to make sure guests could bring one home if they didn't feel like it that night.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wait! What? There's a proper way to cut a cake.....I am not prepared for this 😉
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have a wedding cake and have zero regrets about it - So many vendors of ours said it was honestly a great idea. We already had so much food with our meal, which included cheesecake (and a late night poutine station) so it felt like a waste of money for us since no one would have even had room to eat it and we personally didn’t care about cake cutting photos or the tradition (we cut out most traditions)! We were able to allocate that money to something that was more important to us Smiley smile It’s such a personal decision but I always say, don’t be afraid to cut tradition or modify them - Do everything that makes you both happy and don’t worry about anything or anyone else!! If we had done a cake, we would have done a small single tier and served a slab cake (or even cupcakes) that was the same flavour to save money.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are cutting the cake!! My Aunty gifted us with our wedding cake and we accepted her generous Offer! If she wasn’t gifting us with that then I think we’d loose the tradition! Just because I don’t see the importance of it haha 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it obviously makes it more special now because it’s from my Aunty so I will cherish the photos!

But I have been nervous about it lately! And not because my fiancé will smash cake in my face .. he knows to not do that after literally spending thousands on my hair makeup and dress 😬But I’m nervous that we won’t cut it right while everyone’s starring!!!? Like I’ve seen videos of planners teaching the couple how to hold each other properly and cut it!! What if we mess up!? Lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics