Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Custom Cocktail Drink?

Amanda, on May 6, 2019 at 10:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21

Hello Bride & Grooms,

I am trying to come up with two signature drinks to be handed out during our cocktail hour but I know nothing about cocktails as I am a beer or rum and coke kind of girl. Does anyone have any suggestions on custom cocktails ?

I am opening to hearing everything & anything! Smiley smile

21 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on May 9, 2019 at 12:58
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem!!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are welcome Smiley laugh

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've goggled so many different things, and my goodness there is a load of options. That's when i become just as confused again lol

Thank you so much, but your drink does sound pretty amazing! Smiley shame

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing!!!
    I hope it turns out the way you want it!! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't even thinking of asking our bartender before hand. That is something I will have to do Thank you!!!!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Candace!
    I think the FH will want just a beer as his Mr drink too lol.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is amazing!
    I think I would need to do taste testing first, but they do sound delicious! Thank you so much!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Long Island Ice Teas!!! I think you just sold the winner to me, at least for my drink haha!

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping with our theme and doing:

- Blue Raspberry Drink Mix

- Vodka

- Sprite

Quick and easy! Which is what you want for a served wedding drink! Not like 8 ingredients or anything haha! Also the drink will be blue with a white sugar rim and called the Blue Midnight!

Think of maybe a colour you want your drink to be? Play off your theme with a name? Get some of those ideas going and then you can easy search things on google like "Blue cocktail" and you'll get tons of options!

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know too much about cocktails either but we're getting a friend who is a mixologist to create ours. I decided to pick a flavour I like and let him decide on the rest. So for my partners drink, itll be bourbon based (since it's his drink) and mine will be fruity and hopefully pink! We're going to name them according to our literary theme so after a favourite book character.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have your bartender yet, it definitely wouldn't hurt to ask them what other couples have done/what the most popular drinks are in your season (summer).

Anything with champagne, lemonade, fruity makes a great summer drink, as well as any punches/daiquiris/mojitos.

Bianca's Raspberry limonchello processo is very tasty/summerySmiley winking

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They don't have to be fancy at all! We are doing a "Mr" drink which is going to be Canadian beer and the "Mrs" is going to be vodka and cranberry juice.

If you want a signature cocktail I would look into the recipe for the Big Mama from Montana's Restaurant or Red Ruby from St Louis; Bar and Grill are both delicious Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are the most summery cocktails I can think of (don't ask me for ingredients tho lol):

- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade

- Strawberry Basil Margarita

- Vodka and Mint Lemonade

- Spicy Peach Tequila Sour

- Raspberry Limonchello Prosecco

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha not worst at all! Its nice not having a theme I think, can just go with the flow then.

I am trying to like of other summery type cocktails - I usually drink Sangria, and like spiked Ice teas in the summer. Another option is "Pimms" which is a british liquor, basically just the liquor, lemonaide and then some fresh fruit.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I may sound like the worst Bride in history but I don't typically have a "Theme" we have our color combinations, and yes its an outdoor wedding in the summer, but I don't really have a theme.

I just want it to really feel like summer... lol

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a fantastic Idea... Maybe even last names but that's awesome. Thank you!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a particular style or theme for your wedding? I see that it is in summer.

Our wedding is in the fall and on Thanksgiving so embracing a harvest style, so I plan to use some kind of hot apple cider cocktail for our signature cocktail. Does that prompt any ideas?

I like the idea of being it colorful and tropical! Mai Tai's can be made really pretty and colorful in different variations.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm, how about drinks that can have your name in them then?

Amandaiquiri???

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea!
    The only problem with that is we have our party in black, so I wouldn't want to do any black type of drinks, especially because its summer time, I would want to try and get some type of tropical fruity drink ! Hoping its a sunny day of course!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a great idea!
    The only problem with that is we have our party in black, so I wouldn't want to do any black type of drinks, especially because its summer time, I would want to try and get some type of tropical fruity drink ! Hoping its a sunny day of course!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our wedding we are either going to go with a drink where the colour matches our colour scheme - no matter the drink contents, or with our regular drinks just being called "The Bride/Tori" and "The Groom/Kael"

Most likely doing the second one, so mine will be something with Tequila in it and my FH's will be either Kokanee beer or rye and pepsi or something along those lines.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics