Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia

Cupcakes?

Jessica, on May 17, 2017 at 13:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Anyone else doing cupcakes, I'm having 60 cupcakes plus a small 8" cake on top... just wondering what flavour(s) you all went with or are thinking of, my wedding will be a summer BBQ and bonfire so I'd like something that goes along with that, thinking 2 flavours but I am not sure what flavours

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 10:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the cupcake flavours, do you like to go assorted to give yur guests variety. Do you prefer to stick with your wedding colours?

I find that vareity gives everyone a choice to choose what they want. I like the idea. Of waht your doing. Its much easier than having all cake personally.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those sound so delicious! Glad you've worked in out.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've finally decided on doing 6 dozen cupcakes, 3 different flavours... Vanilla with Strawberry buttercream, Chocolate with Salted Caramel buttercream and Lemon with raspberry buttercream Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's nice but like I said, I am doing cupcakes and was looking for flavour suggestions... I'm not a traditional bride Smiley smile

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cupcakes are a nice idea but I prefer the traditional wedding cake.

• Dax
    Newbie August 2019 Manitoba
    Dax ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking of doing a small cutting cake with cupcakes as well. I like the idea of having different flavours, I would have never thought of that on my own.
  • Marissa
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we were choosing ours we did tastings at two different cupcake places. Having the variety helped a lot to make our decisions. Our cutting cake is going to be marble (chocolate and vanilla) with hazelnut. We are going to have two flavours of cupcakes, one is going to be red velvet with cream cheese icing, the other, marble with vanilla icing. We tried to pick flavours for everyone that would be more crowd friendly, but first narrow it down to what you like the best And, keep in mind that your cutting cake can be whatever flavour you and your FH like the best, even if it isn't the same as the cupcakes Smiley smile

One that we found was also really good was a lemon raspberry.

• Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A bbq sounds great! I would think it would depend on what dishes you plan to serve. Personally, after eating a hearty stick-to-your-ribs food like bbq (yum!) I'd prefer something "lighter" for dessert. Someone mentioned strawberry shortcake, lemon or watermelon which sound great Smiley smile maybe key lime or pina colada?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing mini cupcakes and macaroons for our engagement cake in Lemon Strawberry! Great for Spring Summer!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica, Cupcakes sounds so good!Smiley love I would choose oreo! I made a discussions about desserts and reception ideas: 8 Fun Wedding Reception ideas to try what do you think? and Which Dessert Looks Most Appetizing? How is the rest of the planning going? xx

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm contemplating cupcakes as well. Love the lemon raspberry idea. My fiance loves the frozen raspberry lemonade from Tim Hortons so that would be one of my choices for summer BBQ. And of course smores Smiley smile
  • D
    Newbie July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Summer BBQ/bonfires seem to be popular!! Mine will be the same, cupcakes too! Except my fiancé is a chocolate kind of man, but the strawberry shortcake is an excellent idea! Think I'll be trying those when I force him to come taste testing with me!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely Smores or some sort of strawberry variety like strawberries and cream or something. Or like carrot cake, or lemon raspberry. I even saw somewhere a recipe for dreamsicle flavoured cupcakes!
  • Ashleigh
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the smore's idea!! I have seen a strawberry-lemonade cupcake that looked really good and was a huge hit! I did see watermelon cupcakes on Pinterest the other day I immediately thought of them when I seen Summer and BBQ!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh strawberry shortcake sounds yummy! I was also considering a s'mores cupcake, since there's a bonfire

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having some cupcakes as part of our desserts. As you are getting married in the summer I would go with something seasonal like a triple berry cupcake or a strawberry shortcake cupcake. Light and delicious!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics