Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca O
Curious May 2022 Saskatchewan

Cupcake Numbers!

Rebecca O, on April 24, 2022 at 19:10 Posted in Wedding reception 1 9

Hello everyone!

We are getting married in May and we will be doing cupcakes instead of cake for our guests! We aren't sure how many order since we don't want a whole lot left over. Friends of ours did the same thing and ordered one per person... and then went home with about 40 cupcakes!! (Not what they wanted haha)

Has anyone else done this and if you have, what numbers did you order? We have 97 guests!

Thank you Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca O, on April 25, 2022 at 13:58
  • Rebecca O
    Rebecca O ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we have 97 but ordered 84 (28 of 3 different flavors) and I feel like that should be plenty since they aren’t big sweets kinda people haha
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also think it depends on your guests. Ive been to weddings where not alot were eating, but I don't think the group were very snacky/sweet toothed type people, but another where almost everything was eaten!

I think if an option for mini versions are available, I'd do one per, if not, defineitly reduce numbers.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having one per guest as part of our sweet table with a60-40 split of regular and mini cupcakes......

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh in that case, I would definitely do one per person. You may have a few leftover but if the pizza, salad and cupcakes are the only source of food, more people will likely take them. I would only go short if you had another served dessert option with a regular meal.

• Rebecca O
    Rebecca O ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We will just have them in little boxes for people to take, we aren’t doing supper. Just a late night lunch type thing!
  • Rebecca O
    Rebecca O ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! My fiancé is very adamant about one per person, but I don’t want lots left haha we are also serving pizza and salad at 10 so there will be other food too!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is your wait staff serving the cupcake as the dessert course? If not, and you're serving a separate dessert that comes with the meal + looking to have guests take the initiative to walk up to a table to grab a cupcake, then you definitely don't need 97. I would go for 50 but if you really want to be safe, I think 7 dozen as Carmel suggested is more than enough.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do cupcakes and cakes on the side and no one ever believes me that you don't need one per person. I wouldn't go significantly less but I'd think you'd be safe with 7 dozen. It does really depend on your crowd but generally not everyone takes one - however, some may take two ... if they're good.
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would order one per person infindável it better to have leftovers than to not have enough

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics