Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsey
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

Cumberland Belle in Ontario

Chelsey, on August 12, 2021 at 13:29 Posted in Ontario 0 12

Hi everyone! Has anyone had their wedding at the Cumberland Belle in Cumberland, ON? I'm trying to connect with people to see what they did in terms of decor and anything I should be thinking about with the wedding planning. Happy to connect with anyone to share ideas and maybe purchase decor!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on August 16, 2021 at 11:56
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yea, the mobile bar was nice that I saw from
    Cumberland Belle’s IG page. However, it was not in our budget to get that but it looked so cool!!

And makes sense. It’s such a mission to get these things done for just alcohol. Hahaa
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue looks gorgeous and the décor of a background would make it pop with simple elegance of décor for the table and some sequence for that metallic touch. Colours would look bright in the combination you choose against the white surrounding.
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a cool idea - making your own wine.

I'm in the process of talking to mobile bar companies and was curious as to how to go about the alcohol purchasing. (beer is cheaper in Quebec, so do we have to buy everything from Ontario? lol) currently researching the special occasion permit situation for the alcohol. It's a load off for the glassware situation and having to hire a smart serve certified person to serve the alcohol.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes, floral is definitely expensive.
    I’ll just go lightly on floral, as the table centrepieces are wine glasses and I’m making the bouquets and boutonnières.

Oh it’s great to save money when you can. Hahaha. Weddings are so expensive and businesses are cranking up the prices.
    We’re not doing a bar due to the extensive work of it. However, we made our own wine and will be serving that at the wedding. For cocktail hours and might get some coolers.
    You’re doing bar? What’s the process for you?
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Shades of Pampas. Affordable depends on your budget. I still find it slightly expensive but florals anywhere are expensive. So really depends on what you want.

For decorations it's boho themed so lots of pampas grass and macrame. I'm making all my own macrame to save some money on that side. Anything that I can do myself I will lol

What are you guys doing for the bar situation?

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s amazing!!
    How do you find the Shades of Pampas for floral? Is it good and affordable?

Ahhhhh yeah; that’s tough for the wheelchair accessibly aspect. I really hope that you’ll be able to get that sorted.
    What are your decorations looking like?
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's great! Mine is October 7th of next year. We're doing a later ceremony and jumping right into the party after. So I'm hiring Cafe Deluxe to do a bunch of platters for the evening and looking at a couple mobile bars right now. I've reserved some decor through Rustic Charms and am going with the company Shades of Pampas for all the florals. I'm so excited lol the last few things I need to figure out now are finding a wheelchair accessible porta potty (since the bathrooms are in the basement) and the table settings
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married October 16th.
    I’m not even sure about the theme but maybe more DIY/modern wedding. Ohhhh lovely, keep me posted with how you like it! I love the space. My caterer Ottawa Mission is providing that along with 3 course meals.

Have you thought about other decors and catering?
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! So great to connect with you. When are you getting married there? What style of wedding are you doing? I'm going to visit them next Monday to see the tables and the space for decor. I'm going with a boho themed wedding. This past week my life has been consumed by trying to figure out table setting and whether or not to rent cutlery/glass and dishware. What are you doing for those things?

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Chelsey,
    I am as actually booked with this venue! It’s a lovely place and I’m so excited.

They have tables and chairs for the venue. However, they have vendors that they can recommend to you.
    I have mr caterer and I’m looking into DIY decors (not too much) along with Costco Floral.
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have Smiley smile thanks!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook. You might be able to connect with people on there as well who have had their weddings there Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics