Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2019 Quebec

Cruise in the Carribean

Sabina, on February 20, 2019 at 10:17 Posted in Honeymoon 0 2
Hello ladies!

My FH and I are having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic in November. We are planning our honeymoon in the week of November or early December.
Neither of us went on a cruise before but we are thrilled with the idea. I have heard mostly good things about cruisesSmiley smile
However, we do not know exactly where in the Carribean to cruise- eastern, western, southern or the Bahamas. We have 7 days available.
Also, we want to hear your recommendations on which cruise line, when is the best time to book, what to expect on cruises etc
we want to hear it all Smiley laugh we know pretty much nothing besides what we are reading here and there!

Thank you Smiley smile xx

2 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on March 8, 2019 at 08:33
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sabina, have you worked with a travel agent for your trip? Have you looked through our Honeymoon section , or checked out any of the info that WeddingWire has on honeymoons in the Caribbean?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've cruised a total of 1 time in my life and it was a Western Caribbean Cruise. Needless to say, it was the best experience ever! We went with Royal Caribbean and it's where my FH proposed. We decided the 1st night in that we'd honeymoon on a cruise too lol.

I'd highly recommend Royal Caribbean to anyone I know the staff on the boat are exceptional and the booking process was easy enough without a travel agent. I think going around the time you described would be ideal since it's out of hurricane season. I'd also book sooner rather than later so that you can get a good room - I recommend the balcony!

As for what to expect, expect to not be bored, there's lots to do on cruise ships and most ports-of-call have excursions you can go on. However, you can definitely just sit on the boat, with a drink and relax the whole time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics