Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Cricut Debossing Woodgrain Invitations

Sarah, on July 8, 2020 at 08:34 Posted in DIY 0 11
Hi everyone! My birthday is coming up in August and I have asked for a cricut machine because I have so many DIY ideas for my wedding and life in general!

I would like to make my invitations using the machine but was wondering if anyone has any advice.
I want to deboss each invite with a woodgrain texture and then write over them. I think it’s a pretty simple design but need to make over 100.
Has anyone used their machine to deboss invites? Are there any tips or tricks? I have a year before my wedding so I’m fine with making a few everyday if I have to.
Thanks and happy planning everyone!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on August 27, 2020 at 16:49
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers crossed that by next year, things will be a little bit better x

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks awesome! Good for you Smiley smile - I agree, Jennifer Maker's videos are so helpful. I've just gotten into HTV - so if worst comes to worst, I'll be making my own personalized masks

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just need to change it so the D is one piece like the rest of the letters!

Cricut Debossing Woodgrain Invitations 1

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Nicole,

Do you mean lace folders to go around the invitations? Do you have a picture? I am really debating whether I should get a cricut.

• Nicole
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great! I've been cutting lace folders for mine. It requires So. Much. Patience. haha

If you're on Facebook Jennifer Maker is an excellent resource for learning how to use your cricut, and has a great community for troubleshooting!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Nicole! Yes I figured this was not going to be a quick task, which is why my plan is to just go slow and do a few at a time. I got a cricut this week for my birthday and have been playing around with it drawing and cutting.

• Nicole
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a cricut owner I can tell you that just one of these is going to take forever to deboss.
    If you have enough time to do a few a day until they need to be sent out, its definitely be worth it (especially for all the other things you'll be able to do with it,) but definitely look into some tutorials and whatnot so you can see the process!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so cute! It's subtle but adds so much to the overall look, love it

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will definitely let you know.. I've got so many project ideas in my head for when I get the circuit!!

This is similar to what I want to create in terms of the debossed woodgrain texture... the writing I want arranged a bit differently.. https://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/2013/04/katie-andrews-black-and-white-woodgrain-wedding-invitations/

Sarah

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sarah, I'd love to see what you make once you get your cricut, I've been thinking about getting one for my mom who is very crafty.

Do you have any inspo pics for what you want to create?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neat project! Try looking up YouTube tutorials. You can pretty much learn how to do anything on there nowadays.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics