Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user February 2022 Ontario

Creating our own invites/rsvp

Stephanie, on February 17, 2020 at 16:55 Posted in DIY 0 13

Creating our own invites/rsvp 1
Has anyone else been creating their own invitations. Any insight? This is what I have started with.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on October 26, 2020 at 21:03
  • V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee is really great at designing in photoshop so we will be using that to create our save the dates and invitations, and then will get the design printed at a local print shop. If you are not comfortable with photoshop you can create a really nice design pretty easily on Canva as well!

• D
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am using zazzle I made my Invites, RSVP, and menu cards. They also have many discount codes
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Shutterfly for our save the dates but after seeing how much we spent, we’ve decided to create our own invitations and raffle tickets by using Canva then printing them at a local print shop!
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the idea of magnets, where did you get them from?

• Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been playing around with http://www.pixlr.com for my save the dates and invites. It's basically photoshop but free!

Creating our own invites/rsvp 2

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm of no help but I wanted to say my work Christmas party was at the cambridge mill and it is BEAUTIFUL! It's well over an hour away from us but when I went I said to my fiance if it was closer it would be a beautiful place to get married. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your special day Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What program are you using? If you add a drop shadow or outer glow (black) it will sharpen in the words so they dont blend with the backyard too muchCreating our own invites/rsvp 3

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks fantastic! You did a great job :-)
    One thing I might suggest trying to see if you like it better is shrinking the text for dates font a bit. All the wording lines are about equal width (not a bad thing), but having a distinctively longer and smaller ends to the lines can make it more visually interesting to the eye.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats nice!! we created our save the dates and custom designed them on vistaprint and then we did our invitations with an actual designer

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A bit late to reply here - but I used Canva to design all of our stationary items and then printed it through Vistaprint - waited around for their big 40-50% off sales that seem to happen monthly and then ordered.

Really like your design - very pretty!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is looking great so far, Stephanie.

Are you considering using somewhere like VistaPrint, Minted, Zazzles, etc to print? As the PP mentioned, they have a lot of templates you can use if that makes life easier!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I “designed” my save the dates on the Staples website but there was a template already - I just put our photo in and designed the fonts and wording.

For my invites, I went to a stationary company because there were so many different things I needed (invite, reply card, hotel card, maps etc) it was just easier to get them to do it for me.
    Your save the dates are cute though! I love all of the colours!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What you have created looks pretty. I love how you can make anything you want.

I plan on making my invites online. I ordered the SVD online and they came in pretty easily, looked good and everyone loved them .

We went with a different font. But same otherwise.

We made magnets, the guest loved them. Creating our own invites/rsvp 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics