Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chevelle
Beginner May 2023 Alberta

Create or Buy Local

Chevelle, on February 5, 2020 at 17:32 Posted in DIY 0 16

My biggest piece of advice do not go out and spend a ton of money on store-bought items. Either get your girls togetehr and make alot of them or buy from a local crafter. These will have more meaning and not break your budget. Plus way easier to resell after as everyone else wants rustic homemade decor.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on February 10, 2020 at 11:40
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Le belvedere in Wakefield Quebec. They also have a chef at the venue cooks using locally food. It's great.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm having a winter wedding and I love the look of snow before everyone steps all over it. I want lots of glitter like that. Sparkly hopefully elegant not tacky....if I can put down the bedazzler 🤣
  • Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here it’s def is an abundance of it. What is your wedding theme ?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the rustic lol but I was looking for something and all I saw was the rustic that is what was driving me crazy
  • Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And everyone has their own preference. Your wedding is YOURS to decide and make it perfect your way!

• Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is lucky! Most venues do not have that option. What venue are you getting married at?

• Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes that is so true! Honestly you don't realize how crafty you are and the items that you will come across to make. Some will take more time than others but they are so worth it.

• Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will have to check it out. I love getting ideas from everywhere

• Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! I love recycling and reusing decor. I also custom design and build decor and wedding guest books, welcome signs, wood/ log projects. This has helped me really have an eye for recycling and repurposing items for clients as well as myself for my wedding. There is something about handmade that stands out over store bought/ mass produced.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would add buying from your local wedding facebook group's buy and sell as a super affordable option too (not to mention environmentally friendly!). I scored some amazing decor from my local group, and it was a great resource for selling everything afterwards!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive been buying a lot of my decor on aliexpress.com

• Stephanie
    Beginner June 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this idea!
    We’ve got 2 years until our wedding so we’ve got tons of time to DIY! And if I don’t end up wanting to use it when the big day comes selling it is an easy option! Thanks for the idea!!
  • Chevelle
    Chevelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And that is totally fine it’s your wedding! But even just homemade elegant is beautiful too and still cheaper ! I started making things a year in advance and I can honestly say the stress it takes off is huge!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree going local is so good all the way around. I'm not big on making things, I leave that to the crafty people.

I'm lucky my venue comes with decor Smiley love along with signs. I don't mind at all the venue itself is perfect and so beautiful inside and outside grounds.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also avoiding all rustic/wood type decor. I laugh with my mom if I see one more Mason jar I'm going to lose my mind. That being said I have found a lot of decor second hand like my candy jars, centerpiece vases and ice cube name card holders. I'm so excited to make up my flower balls, bouquets, corsages and boutineers. Not to mention my table numbers and a few other projects.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm big on making things when I can. And buying second hand to be a little greener and budget friendly.
    My mom and I will be making decor. Flower hoops, simple centerpieces, some garlands. I also like that I can make things in advance so I'm not rushing in the days before the wedding to get everything together.
    I'm one of the few who is avoiding all things rustic. It's just not my thing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics