Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsey
Beginner August 2022 Ontario

covid Wedding part 2

Lindsey, on January 27, 2021 at 15:29 Posted in Ontario 1 2
I’m looking for some suggestions on what we should do for our wedding part two!
My husband and I got married on our original date July 25, 2020 at a friends place with a smaller guest list.
Before our date our original venue gave us the opportunity to either cancel and lose our deposit or push back the date to August 22, 2022.
So now we are trying to decide what we should do. Should we just do a reception or should we do a vow renewal or something else that would be our ceremony instead.
Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on January 29, 2021 at 09:08
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were in the same situation as you - we changed our plans to December 4 2021 so we got married on December 4, 2020. This way, it will be like a one year anniversary for us.

We are still having a ceremony and reception this year (hopefully) as I still want to walk down the aisle, say our vows, exchange rings and have all of the pictures and everything. I think it's sweet to still do something like this. I think a vow renewal is cute so that is one way to go. Another way to go is just eliminate the that piece all together and have an informal ceremony with whatever you choose to do.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whether you want to have a "ceremony" (some are renewing vows, others are straight up re-enacting a ceremony) is up to your preference. If we can't have our reception, then we won't have another walk down the aisle moment that's typical of a ceremony. Any vow renewal we do will be speeches at the podium during dinner, similar to a toast. We don't want to hire an officiant again or have someone "play" that role and a re-enactment doesn't feel right for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics