Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michaela
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

covid wedding- again

Michaela, on March 26, 2021 at 12:31 Posted in Alberta 0 4
We had postponed our original wedding from June 2020 and are getting married May 8, 2021. Anyone else feeling anxious about numbers and what your plans are going forward? The 10 people is stressing me out and I was really hoping for 30 people!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rhea, on May 4, 2021 at 14:50
  • R
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I totally totallyyyy feel you! Our wedding date has always been May 8, 2021 (planned for almost 2 years). We also had hope covid will be gone by then, but here we are....

We are still proceeding with 10 people. Unfortunately, due the photo/video included at those 10 people.... it's unfortunate we may not be able to include our videographer (we want a video to watch fOr our wedding). We were also hoping to just eat at a restaurant (separate tables, cohorted per household with our closest family only) and maybe do our first dance outside with our friends on distance (making sure we're only 10), and that's about it. Ahhhh idk!
    There is a new announcement today for Alberta. It says stricter restrictions. So not sure if this whole planning (probably our plan O already or whatever) is going to happen. Idk. 😔 I know for sure regardless, we want to marry on May 8! We will stay wear the gown and his suit we have bought! It's our day and we still want to make it special!
  • Sarah
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you! I’m getting married on May 22. I’m resigned to the fact that the limit isn’t going to go up by May, considering that we’re all the way back to Phase 1 again 😞 The problem with the 10 people limit is that I have a big family... my immediate family is 9 people, including me. I’m really hoping the church we’re getting married in will be merciful and allow my whole family to be there! My fiancé’s family doesn’t live in Canada, so he is only going to have one friend at the ceremony. It’s so sad, but we just want to get married!! We were thinking about doing something similar to Michelle above, having a campfire in the backyard with just my family as a “reception.” If that is the case, I would still like the decorate the backyard to make it special. I am a bit nervous that someone might see and call the cops. I can’t imagine getting a fine of my wedding day. Ugh it’s so stressful to know how to go about it all!
  • Erika
    Beginner July 2020 Alberta
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Michaela, just want to say that I totally feel you! I'm on an all-new level of STRESS!!! It's even more problematic for us because we are not originally from Alberta and our guests already have plane tickets! We have 26 guests planned for an outdoor ceremony and we have a restaurant reservation for reception afterwards. Really hoping that this all works out for us!

• M
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Michaela,

I hear you! We are also getting married on May 8, 2021 and previously postponed our January 30, 2021 wedding to this date. I am going to be honest..... I am extremely doubtful things will start to open up in any major way at this point so we have decided we are just going to get married however we can on May 8 with immediate family only. I am getting to the point where I need to pull the trigger and commit to a decision so I can move forward and make that plan as good as it can be (as opposed to juggling three different scenarios with different prep etc). The 10 person limit is really stressing me out as well. This means my brother in law and twin niece/nephew will not be able to be near the ceremony and will need to stand way off in the distance which is horrible but what do you do? We are planning to be married outside ... We won't be planning any reception (as per restrictions) so will send our immediate family for dinner at a restaurant at our resort (seated in separate households) and then my fiancé and I will have a romantic dinner just the two of us in the cabin we rented. After that, maybe an outdoor fire with the immediate family where we can maybe read our speeches and have our first dance but that's about it...... It's really challenging to be creative whilst adhering to restrictions and still making things "special". We will likely end up doing a reception down the line with all of our original guest list (40 people) to still get the celebration in. I just keep telling myself this is our story, and though it's not what we expected, we will still make it magical. It's one day in a lifetime....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics