Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannen
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Covid wedding

Shannen, on February 27, 2021 at 19:48 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Anyone else stubborn about their wedding? We got engaged last March and are getting married this June. Even though the smart thing might be to push the wedding we simply don't want to, but I don't want our guest to feel like we are not being safe or are being naïve about the whole thing. Not ideal to cut our guest list in half and it truly breaks our hearts but we are just ready and don't feel the need to push it.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on March 19, 2021 at 08:49
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel you!!

We have decided we will NOT be postponing. Our date is June 26, 2021. Our original guest list was 250ish and we have knocked it down to 100 and 25 depending on what the regulations are.

We are thankful our venue is entirely outside and is a staffed event so we will be able to have 100 guests in green, yellow or orange. We have reached out to people we know may not feel comfortable coming and have told them we completely understand and we hope to celebrate with them once we are able.

We will be sending out invites to 100 guests next week, and if we get a lot of declined rsvps we have ordered a second batch of rsvp cards with a later date so we can essentially send out a second round. This may not be how it is traditionally done but I think most people will be understanding. If it ends up only being 25 allowed we will deal with that then.

• Shannen
    Shannen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds just like what we had to do. 50 for the ceremony and dinner/reception and 50 ceremony only. Good to know I am not the only one wanting to do it this way! Every other thread I read said it was disrespectful to only invite people to the ceremony... but things are completely different with covid. Good luck with your wedding!

• Autumn
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guest list was 140, including guests from all over the globe. We are going ahead with our wedding in May 2021. 50 guests got an invite, another 50 got an invite to just the ceremony (outdoors), and everyone else got a letter explaining why they can’t come. People have got to understand what we’re dealing with because it’s not easy and I just want to get married! Good luck!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our philosophy is guests will understand and if they don’t, you really don’t want them at your wedding anyway Smiley smile

Best of luck at your wedding on your big day as well!!
  • Shannen
    Shannen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our guest list was at just over 100 and we have had to cut it in half as we are now only allowed 50. We are not expecting a normal wedding by any means but don't want to postpone it either, just hoping guests understand! Good luck in September!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How big is your guest list?

Our guest list is 325 and we have cut it to 100 people and 38 depending on the scenario we find ourselves in in September.
    I wouldn’t bank on a “normal” wedding. Masks will need to be worn except when eating or drinking, no dancing except for father and daughter, mother and son and bride and groom, etc.
    We would postpone but we postponed last year and want to start a family so postponing isn’t an option for us.
    Best of luck in June!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics