Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Covid Wedding

Devrie, on February 26, 2021 at 15:01 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Does a officiant and photographer count towards your attendee numbers if we had an outdoor ceremony in Ontario this summer? We have been able to narrow down our guests to exactly 10 (this is only parents and siblings). I am trying to plan our backup wedding.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on March 1, 2021 at 13:07
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both are counted in BC's. so technically we can only have 6 guests if it stays at 10. I also have to drop the second shooter photographer which sucks because i wanted shots from both angles of me walking down and my Fiancés reaction..

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would think the vendors/services do count as your count during this time for weddings. Considerations of the guest count will change based on the situations given at the time of Covid. Its best to check out any changes of Vendors services being part of the count if unsure on the web.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every province is different. I would contact your venue. They should know exactly who is included in the count

• Rikki
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last year vendors DID NOT count in your total number at the venue I work for in NOTL, ON. It was only guests and the couple of course. The hotel staff, DJ, photographers etc. did not count. I would check with the place where your ceremony is booked!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We counted them in our numbers. The guidelines in our province say gatherings of x number of people, not guests so to us they counted as people.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As was said, in a backyard wedding they do count. In red or grey zones they do as well. In my health unit and the surrounding ones, they do not count into the total at a venue when in the other zones.
  • D
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Devrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to prepare for our plan c
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August should have much more room numbers wise. I personally think you would not have a hard time with a 15 person backyard wedding that time of year if you have it outdoors especially.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In Niagara your photographer and officiant count even at a venue if they are not working for the venue. If it is your backyard type of wedding every person counts towards your count. I think that it depends on each municipality.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics