Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

covid rules next summer (2021)

Rebecca, on September 17, 2020 at 21:25 Posted in Ontario 0 17
Hi all 🥰 how’s everyone feeling about guest list limits for next summer? Our venue allows 200 and as of right now, I’m hopeful we’ll be able to invite our full list (max capacity) for our July 2021 wedding in Oakville, Ontario. Part of me is starting to worry now that numbers are jumping again that maybe we won’t be at a safe place by next summer either.

I know it’s impossible for anyone to predict, but what are all of you anticipating?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Corynn, on January 6, 2021 at 13:48
  • Corynn
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Corynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My wedding is in August 2021 and I'm planning on not sending out Save The Dates. Because we're still unsure what the summer will hold for us. Since your wedding is in July I would stick to sending only invitations between March and April. If you have anyone coming from abroad then you can send those guests a save the date and everyone who is within driving distance an invitation.

Are you making a wedding website? If you are then you can always update your guest through your website about any Covid-19 restrictions, cancellations, and postponements.

• C
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in Toronto and my original wedding date was scheduled for Oct 2020. It hurt me so much to have to postpone it, but we ended up postponing to October 2021. We postponed it back in October 2020, so with the news of the vaccine being distributed and hopes for herd immunity or at least 70% population vaccinated by at least summer/fall, since we only have decided on inviting 100 people we are hoping thats still doable.

I know there are rules that may still need to be followed and if I'm being honest here, the thought of people having to wear masks is so upsetting *esthetically* for my wedding photos. I know many of you agree!!! But if I have to abide by rules, then so be it. I most certainly will. I choose people's safety first don't get me wrong. It would just suck to see my wedding photos and everyone wearing masks but it is what it is. Hoping by Oct 2021 those restrictions won't be so strict.
  • Kayla
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Brooklyn!

That sounds awesome actually. It's better for us!! I will definitely check into this! Took a break over the holidays on wedding planning and now I'm scrambling. I feel like I'm behind, I never sent out Save the dates like I was supposed to in October.. Wedding is in July when should I send out invites?!

Side note - anyone know of a wedding planner who has planned many covid weddings? Looking for a consult!

• Carla
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey,

My wedding is in the fall of 2021 (was to be this year) and I'm worrying too. My fiance and I are trying to come up with a list just incase we need to cut down as well.

• Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have said no plus ones unless they are living together and have children together and specifically specified who was invited as a plus one and who wasn't.

We also had to personally know the plus one!

• Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would recommend you check with your officiant and your local health unit about the bride and groom wearing masks.

Our officiant told us he cannot legally marry us if he cannot see us saying our vows. I plan on checking with my health unit because they have the authority to write an acception to the rule and then the groom and I won't have to wear masks but every household must be 6' apart and wear masks.

• Avery
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Avery ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in Edmonton, AB, and our limit right now is 50 people for weddings, I'm really hoping that I can invite my full 80 people. But now our mayor has announced masks are mandatory till next December, and I feel really frustrated.

I'm all for masks, and safety. But I never wanted a distanced/masked wedding. If things don't change I will probably postpone, and hope I don't lose too many deposits.

• R
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel exactly the same way re:masks at my wedding! Also planning for our July 2021 wedding and just trying to stay as optimistic as I can about everything (not easy). We have planned for no more than 100 guests, but our venue told us to basically plan two weddings: our dream wedding with full guest list and no crazy covid rules, and one with 50 people and loads of restrictions. It's just so tough not to let the stress and unknown get in the way of what is meant to be such a happy time. Trying my best! (and wishing all my fellow brides and easy breezy 2021 wedding as well Smiley heart !)

• K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning a 30th-anniversary vow renewal for October 16th/2021 and we are putting minimums down in case we have to bail at the end to avoid huge financial losses. Can't really celebrate a 30th in 2022! We are praying for a vaccine or a cure before then. We were told 100 at our venue but are aiming for 60 to 75 people. Just family and friends and sorry, no plus ones unless they have been together for a while.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel the exact same way. We're planning for 120 on June 26, 2021. The thing I can't get over is people having to wear a mask at our wedding. Our venue is at an art gallery (so entirely indoors) and it looks like restrictions would have to be pretty much completely lifted by the time our wedding rolls around for things to go as we want them to.

I'm not sure we would postpone either, so we're feeling stuck, and mostly just hoping for best case scenario in June. We are also going to hold out hope until March when invitations will go out and then make a decision about how things will have to go. I feel so awful for brides getting married in the near future, especially with the sudden reversal in numbers at private gatherings. Fingers crossed for next Summer and trying not to get bummed about it.

• Kayla
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Rebecca,

So so soooooo stressed out myself. I can't even imagine the stress on the brides for Fall 2020. I'm panicking slightly for my wedding next year July 9, 2021. Our venue has a strict 120 maximum, thankfully I will probably only have maybe 120, but we are thinking more in the 100 people range.

What I'm most worried about, as silly as it sounds, is having to wear a mask. Although I completely understand the seriousness of COVID, I completely do believe it's a real virus etc.. The people we are inviting are mostly family (we have a huge family) or have been within our 'friends & family' circle during COVID. At least 65-75% of our list we've been around without a mask as they're either family or close family friends. I really don't want anyone to have to wear a mask, but I'm well aware of the laws. I hope things will be much more better in July. I certainly do not want to wear a mask myself during my wedding whatsoever. But I'm not sure how the venue would react to that.. Have you talked to your venue regarding masks? Is there a way to have the bride and groom be mask free at a minimum and everyone else have to wear them?

We just had a planning meeting with our venue and they did not mention anything about having to sit people 6ft apart or masks, & our ceremony + wedding is outdoors under a tent. The only indoor spot is the dance floor & sweets table.

Personally, I'd like to pretend covid doesn't exist for 1 night. I'd give guests the option to wear a mask or not. IF I was allowed to make the rules for my wedding day. And I'd probably un-invite the small amount of people on my guest list that have not been within my 'COVID bubble'.

• Sabrina
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in St. Catharines, Ontario, the end of July 2021. As of right now we have a guest list of 160 and the venue can accommodate up to 200, with a minimum of 135. We have been planning as though it will still happen and are doing our best to be optimistic, however we are extremely concerned with COVID-19 and have decided we will look at the numbers next March/April (when invitations would go out) and make a decision at that time whether to cut our guest list or postpone. I don't think a vaccine will come out until at least June next year, which will keep restrictions in place until that time. If the venue will allow dancing (very important to us) but with reduced numbers (at least 100) we will proceed, if not, we will postpone. Hope this helps, happy planning and good luck!

• Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

So, we are getting married in June next year, and I'm kinda stuck on what to do next. We have a lot of family coming from overseas (guest list 250), and before COVID hit, we had paid our deposit for the venue! So not only is our next payment coming up, but I also don't have a clue on what our guest list number will be ! Super frustrating.

With that being said, I do think we will have a vaccine by then, and many restrictions will be lifted. We just have to patiently wait and see. Smiley heart Best of luck!

• Sarah
    Newbie December 2021 Manitoba
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning for Dec. 2021 and 100 people but we know that may not be possible by then and we aren't even in a hot spot like Ontario. I hope by then it's okay but I wouldn't bank on it.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh, I see, Yeah, it's up in the air. I mean, only 100 max was allowed this past summer and that's if it was outdoors. Unless you're planning on staying outside even for dinner, I think aiming for 200 is very optimistic if I am to be honest.

You can always hope but at the same time I don't want you to be disappointed when it can't happen after a year of wishing.

• Rebecca
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We booked in August for next July, and upon booking our venue told us max capacity is 200 as long as we’re permitted. We just assumed it would be fine by then, so reading through these community chats has been pretty heartbreaking for me if I’m being honest haha 😢
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning as if 50 is the max. Even if numbers allow it, you still have to maintain physical distance.

How is your venue allowing 200? Or do you mean their fire code capacity is 200.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics