Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kasey
Beginner February 2022 Ontario

covid Restrictions for Weddings in 2022

Kasey, on February 26, 2021 at 10:40 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi All,

Just looking get some input and thoughts on the what you think the restrictions will be like for Winter 2022. Me and my fiancé are planning on having our wedding in February 2022 regardless of the restrictions at the old mill in Ancaster, ON. Although it was a hard decision, we don't want to push the wedding back any further. We got engaged in 2019 and had planned to have it two years in advance so we wouldn't have to rush to plan. We've been together for 9 years now, so it's not that we're in a rush per say, just that we feel our lives are moving along at this point, and to push something back after almost a year of wasted time would really upset us. A lot of people are feeling optimistic that things will be back to normal in winter 2022, but we have a hard time believing that. Vaccines won't be offered to people our age (24/25) until late summer of this year I heard, and even then I have a hard time believing me, a legal assistant, will get priority.

Regardless, we were originally looking at about 120 people. Now we're thinking of bringing it down to about 60. That give us a more intimate wedding with close friends and immediate family. Less of a fee for the wedding itself. I wanted to make sure I don't have to uninvite guests (our wedding invitations have not been sent out yet). It also gives us the flexibility for incase restrictions are still in place at that time. The government of Ontario has been a complete mess when it comes to restrictions here, so I wanted us to be prepared to have a smaller wedding. I'd also like to hear what other people are doing for around that time. Do you think we'll be allowed to dance at that point? That what I was most excited for, despite my fiancés lack of dancing ability lol.

Would love to hear from you guys and to see how ya'll are managing wedding planning at this time!! Smiley heart

3 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 18, 2021 at 19:08
  • Ashley
    Beginner March 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, My wedding is also Feb 2022 in Toronto. It is the winter & flu season so I’m worried but we’re going along with planning our 50 person wedding, keeping in mind we still might have to make some sacrifices if we want to keep that date. Hoping for the best!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you already have your venue booked, I would wait until the fall before sending invites and setting plans. Hang in there - it may be a mess now but it's getting better!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very hopeful for late 2021 and 2022 brides... I am in the same boat as you and was engaged 2018, planned a wedding 2020 to postpone until 2022... We got married civilly so we could continue on with our life, and will be doing a vow renewal next year with ALL our family and friends. As of right now it sounds like things will be getting "somewhat normal" come August 2021 which I am hoping just continues to get better which would mean that HOPEFULLY there will be dancing finally allowed at functions. I wouldn't be surprised if concerts start up again come October 2021, but this is me being hopeful and optimistic lol.

I think the plan you have in place is a GREAT idea and I think you should be pretty safe with 60 people, if not your entire guest list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics