Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gloria
Expert October 2022 Ontario

Covid on

Gloria, on April 29, 2020 at 10:50 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hello ladies (and gentlemen 😃). Well.. We just saw our nrs at the lowest they’ve been in a while (but yesterday they were higher than the 3 previous days)... what is everyone thinking? I’m hoping we’re on a downhill trend but we’ll never really know which makes it so hard 😭😭😭

14 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on April 30, 2020 at 00:14
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like the longer they keep this social distancing the better! Not because I like it but because we won’t see much of a second wave. This re opening business scares me that we will be dealing with this well into 2021.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've stopped following the numbers. They've all been sensationalized for news headlines anyway. Until our testing numbers are reflective of the population that is potentially affected, they don't mean anything. Ontario is still testing well below what we should be doing, and we're still being selective on who we test. Once we start ramping up more tests, those numbers will "spike" again because of the numbers game.

Another thing too is, we might get hit with another major outbreak with Quebec relaxing travel restrictions. And considering the way many in the states are treating this pandemic, I just hope we don't open the American border prematurely.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seeing the downwards “trend” and listening to what the Premier and ministers had to say today I’m staying hopfeul for our celebration in August. I agree with Kelsie, I think the earliest they may start doing stuff will be May 12 when the extension of the state of emergency is supposed to be done. Fingers are crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just read that here in Alberta we will be following Saskatchewans reopening plan hopefully starting in May. I am crossing all my fingers and toes that we will be able to go on a small mini moon to Jasper after our May 30 wedding.
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you girl! I’ve made peace already with the fact that I may have to postpone lol
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like in Saskatchewan and our numbers have been positive for the past month. However, when they released the reopen plan, lifting the restrictions for large gatherings is going to be the last phase which probably won't happen until late summer. We decided to postpone our August wedding because, as much as I'm happy the numbers are declining, we know others will still be uncomfortable attending with the large crowd. Plus we didn't want to leave it to the last minute.

I don't want to scare you or cause worry because I know what its like. I hope everything works out for you if you choose not to postpone. Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed for everyone!!!!
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that's right! But honestly I hope our City Hall will accommodate soon. It's hard because I work in a store, have been during the entire outbreak. We follow good hygiene, social distancing, I wear a mask. No one has gotten sick. I really think places that can keep controlled measures should be opening soon too, even if only by appointment. I guess we'll see.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aaawww. Yeah... here’s to hoping we’re still not on lockdown but if we are... you can make a road trip out of it Smiley smile lol.
  • Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I just learned about this today, but St Thomas is 3.5 hours from me. I guess that option can hopefully stay as a last resort if in a month's time or so we're still concerned.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you. I was the same way. It sucks because I monitor it daily... hard not to lol. Where do you reside? St Thomas is issuing them by appointment- it’s about 1.45 to 2 hrs from Toronto
  • Haylee
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My heart sank a bit when I saw the number spike again slightly. Hoping for the best. The first place I want to see open up is City Hall, even if only by appointment. We're now within the 90 day period for our marriage license so that is stressing me out a bit. It's a mix of emotions during this time... some days I'm super optimistic and excited, other days I just feel down and frustrated!

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly but it’s so crazy because it’s a day by day thing so no one really knows what happens 😭 so stressful. I’m okay with my wedding going ahead this year if it does... but if it doesn’t I’ve also made peace with it and will wait for next year
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m optimistic that it’s going down. They want 2-4 weeks of downward “trend” in order to move through the phases.

I think the earliest they’ll begin phase 1 is May 12. Fingers crossed people to continue to recover!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics