Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vika
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Covid-19 Weddings - Bride and Groom Masks

Vika, on November 6, 2020 at 13:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Hi brides and grooms who got married during COVID-19 protocols!

I'm just wondering, did you have to wear a mask during your ceremony/reception too, or just your guests? I keep seeing photos of couples without their mask (while even their wedding parties wear them), but is this just for photos?

Thanks! Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on January 19, 2021 at 10:14
  • Courtney
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately, the reality right now if that you'll most likely have to wear a mask. Many officiants are stating in their contracts that it is mandatory for everyone, including the bride and groom to wear masks.

This is also a safety precaution for everyone, in which you are more safe from the virus if you wear a mask and wash/sanitize your hands or surfaces.

You'll likely be able to do photos of you and your groom outside with your photographer distanced, but for family photos, the reception and dancing, I would suggest a mask.
    The exception is dinner, when you can take your mask off, but I've seen a few recent articles of last year that this also led to a spread of the virus.

All it takes is a second... stay safe!
  • Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're best to check with your officiant and then the local health unit...

Our health unit is having to write us an exception letter because it is illegal for our officiant to marry us unless he can see us saying our vows.

• Vika
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I guess it also could change closer to the date so I'll keep checking in with them Smiley smile

• Vika
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect, good to know. Our ceremony is outdoors but our reception is inside. Hopefully that means we don't have to wear masks for the ceremony at least Smiley smile

• Vika
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the tip! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to your venue as well as your local bylaws. Each province is different

• Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We thankfully had it outdoors! In the ceremony everyone wore a mask except the bridal party! But yes check with local by laws and venue!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s going to depend on your local bylaws and the venue. We got married outside so we could get away with not wearing masks, but it would have been different with an indoor wedding. You’re best to check with your venue and your city council

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics