Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alishia
Beginner August 2021 British Columbia

Covid-19 Couples

Alishia, on April 8, 2020 at 17:44 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11

How are you doing during this time? Was your wedding cancelled? Hard to plan? Nervous if your upcoming day will be cancelled?

I got engaged March 26th, with everything that is going on in the world my now Fiance really wanted to make me happy and bring in some light in this gloom! I am over the moon excited to marry this man!

However, planning right now is the worst Smiley sad I have gotten everything pretty well planned but cant put it into motion due to venues not being able to get back to me/not able to make any new bookings. Without a Venue for a set date, I cant do anything else but wait.

What are you and your spouse doing to help get through this?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on April 10, 2020 at 10:48
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think once I was engaged till the time I actually booked anything was about 6 years. Honestly I love pinterest. I seriously just had every detail worked out pretty much before. Everything for decor any way. I kept screenshots of everything I loved and deleted one if I found something I liked more. It was nice to have the time to really focus on what was important and how we wanted our day to go.
  • Alishia
    Alishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I knew I had a big family but it didn't really realize how many people I had until we starting making our guest list 🤣🤣 Thank you and I hope yours is everything you imagined!

• Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha it’s crazy. Like where did all of these people come from?! 🤣 I hope yours will go off without a hitch as well Smiley smile
  • Alishia
    Alishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally understand that! Even though we are planning for August 2021 all of my fiances family is in England and really hope there is no travel restrictions then! It would be devastating to not have any of his family there! Before getting engaged my wedding vision was super small and intimate...now that I am actually engaged our draft list is 170 people! I have my fingers and toes crosss for you that you get to have the wedding of your dreams in September!

• Alishia
    Alishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My Best friend was supposed to get married Saturday march 21st and we got contacted on the monday before...4 days....and was told it needed to be cancelled Smiley sad it absolutely destroyed her! She then postponed it to May 2nd, then got notice everything before May 31st needs to be cancelled and has now postponed it AGAIN to June 20th which will probably need to be cancelled again Smiley sad I really feel for everything whos wedding dreams have been ruined or put on hold for this horrible virus Smiley sad

• Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I had to postpone my May 23 wedding to September 6, 2020. I’m in Ontario so I’m hoping that by late summer the restrictions will have backed off enough to have my 160-180 guest wedding. We never anticipated to have this many guests originally and each person means something in their own way so we can’t imagine having to cut people out! Keeping my fingers crossed. Luckily all my vendors but decor were available on the new date, and we were able to grab the in house decor that my fiancé wanted originally!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man thats so hard!! hopefully in another month this will all be done and over with. its so sad. so far we havent had to cancel or postpone anything. but i know march april and may girls have had to postpone i feel so bad for them. all that planning... plus i know some girls had a hard time finding dates that all their vendors were available since new engagements have booked for next summer. i have some people waiting about a year just to find a new date.

• Alishia
    Alishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a tough one! Personally I would wait and see how the next few months go and how the COVID world is going during the summer and into the Fall then make your final decision Smiley smile either way you will have a beautiful and perfect day that you have dreamed of
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not knowing is the hardest part of all this. Our wedding isn't until December so I probably shouldn't be freaking out as much as I am but it's hard!

We have already booked all of our vendors and put down deposits. I feel extremely bad for anyone's wedding who has actually been cancelled - I just can't imagine what they are feeling and I hope everything is fine in the next few months. Our engagement photos are supposed to be next weekend (this will need to be postponed) and our save the dates are supposed to go out the first week of May but now I'm not sure if its worth sending them out at this point.

My spouse and I are just thinking positively and now we are focusing on the smaller details .. looking at decor, picking music, planning the ceremony/vows ..

Fingers crossed that everything is in good shape by the summer time Smiley flower

• Alishia
    Alishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats good to have a plan! We are trying to plan ours for August 2021 and cant book anything because of everything happening this year and they arent taking any new bookings, which will probably mean that ours wont be available and have to be post postponed until 2022.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The uncertainty sucks. I was talking to a coworker who can't go shopping for her dress or get a hold of venues because they're swamped with calls for Covid Couples who need to postpone.

Our wedding is planned for October. We decided a few weeks ago that I'm not allowed to worry until July. I've thought of a backup plan, but I'm reluctant to spend any money or order anything that might need changed later on. We're hopeful that we can still get married on our date even if it's more of an elopement with our reception later on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics