Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcelina
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Covid-19 & September Weddings

Marcelina, on April 16, 2020 at 11:37 Posted in Ontario 1 11

Hi Fellow Brides!

I'm trying to get some perspective on what September brides are thinking/doing w/ their weddings...

Our date is September 4 and we are having a tough time deciding whether or not we should be pushing it out. We've only received 1/4 of our RSVPs back (we gave our guests till June 1 to send them back). There are a few more things we need to secure and it's tough to do these w/ COVID-19 delaying things.

What is everyone else thinking?

Thank you in advance for any type of guidance! Appreciate it, xo.

--Marcelina

11 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on May 12, 2020 at 21:15
  • Catherine
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello!

We were suppose to get married Sept 26. We made the call to cancel the wedding reception entirely and only do an intimate/virtual wedding ceremony. Some vendors gave deposits back. Some won’t. We contemplated postponing but what date do we postpone to? Seems like many brides are postponing to next year, but what happens if come next year something happens or covid 19 still around.. weddings aren’t the same..no one can predict the future! So for me I think the most important think is actually becoming husband and wife .. everything else is extra. It sucks all of our loved ones cant celebrate with us but honestly... as long as our parents and sisters are there.. nothing else matters. Hope things work out for you though! All the best!
  • Marcelina
    Marcelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the reply, Tracey. I hope things work out for you!!! It'll be an amazing day regardless of the changes. Good luck! Smiley smile

• Marcelina
    Marcelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the reply, Shay! Seems like you have a good game plan, hope everything works out. Fingers crossed! If not, postponing is not the worst thing in the world. I think my fiancé and I are at the point where we've come to accept that we may need to change things, and that's okay - it is what it is. As long as everyone is healthy and able to celebrate with us without any restrictions and uncomfortable vibes. That's all we care about. Good luck girl! Smiley smile

• Marcelina
    Marcelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are definitely a grey area! Thanks for the reply, Kris. I hope things work out for you guys! Good luck Smiley smile.

• Marcelina
    Marcelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you... hopefully, things start taking a turn for the better. I'm just worried that I won't have enough time to complete all the additional planning! All we can do is keep up-to-date with the gov't and what's going on with our venues.

• Marcelina
    Marcelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the reply, Cassie. I have the same concerns. Additionally, I'm unsure how comfortable our guests will feel attending a wedding with a group of 150 people. It's definitely a weird situation to be in, and I think we are leaning more and more towards changing the date to 2021. Good luck with making your decision Smiley smile. If you need to bounce ideas, let me know!

• Cassie
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our current date is September 6, 2020 but we are looking to move to August 2021. I worry with the reopening of everything there will still be maximum capacities in place. Even if they set it to 50, 100 people etc when will we know this by? Since each stage takes 2-4 weeks to move forward if everything goes well. Additionally, when you consider staff and vendors that could be quite constraining on your guest count. We haven’t finalized yet still holding out hope, but very unsure!
  • Tracey
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was forced to move my date from July 4th to September 5th. I am hoping and praying that all will be well by then. They are talking about slowly opening the economy back up which is positive. We weren't having a big wedding to start with 120 people. It's SO HARD not to stress out. Wondering if we moved the date far enough.

• K
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is September 12th and at this time we're going ahead as planned; a lot can change in 4 months! Also, our venue is currently only rescheduling dates from 6 weeks out dependant on government regulations at that time. We'll be revisiting it with the venue end of June, and if things start looking up we will be sending out our invites in July, everything will be running very quickly and on a tight schedule but it is what it is at this point. It's hard because I feel like September weddings are in a weird grey area where we're not soon enough to postpone but not far enough out not to worry. Fingers crossed that things improve!!
  • Hillary
    Newbie December 2021 Ontario
    Hillary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is Sept. 19. We haven't sent out invitations out, but we're planning to mid June. We're going to make the call beginning of June as to whether or not we'll postpone our wedding. Our hopes are to still get married Sept. 19 but postpone our reception to Dec. 31. If there's a second wave over the winter and our reception gets postponed then we're moving it to spring 2021.

• Shey
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Shey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marcelina,

My finance and I are in a similar situation as you. Our date is Oct 2 and we have no idea what we should be doing. We haven't sent out our invitations yet so our first issue is whether or not we should even be sending them out. On the other hand I don't want to wait too long and my guests are scrambling for accommodations if everything goes as it should. I emailed my venue to see what they were doing and they said they were in the process of rebooking april/may weddings, so they don't know what's doing on that late down the line yet. It's so stressful! I think I'm going to send my invites with a note that says the date may change, and put a disclaimer on our wedding website.... I know it's not the most romantic thing in the world but I want to keep planning.

A friend also brought up that she's not even sure if the gov't will allow large gatherings by the fall either. I think it's a matter of being super fexible come wedding time or being proactive about rescheduling your date because the spring brides will be trying to rebook as well.

I hope you get everything figured out!! Stay safe,

Shay

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics