Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sasha
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Covid-19 & Our Special Day

Sasha, on April 28, 2020 at 14:12 Posted in WeddingWire 0 7

Hello all,

I thought I would take a moment and reach out to all the couples who have had to reschedule their weddings and special events leading up to their weddings, due to Covid-19. My fiance and I we're supposed to be married by now. Covid took that away from us, not only did it take our day but it potentially may have taken away the opportunity to have my grandparents come from Spain. This day we planned for two years all to be take away from us in an instant, it was more than a rescheduled date, it was a booked honeymoon, packaged wedding favours with our dates, and most importantly my father stuck abroad trying to chaperone my grandparents from Spain. I put all my feelings on the back burner because the wedding at that moment doesn't matter to you, it's the safety and the health of those you love. That's when it occurred to me, this is more than just my wedding day, this my love of my family we wanted health above all else of our loved ones. I am not going to lie to anyone, my heart was broken that I wasn't able to marry my best friend this past April, but it wasn't meant to be.

I was so worried about the logistical nightmare that came next, re-booking all of my vendors, and telling our guests we are postponing. When responses started pouring in from our guests, it was the most emotional feeling, I was so overwhelmed with the love and support, and this is why we want them there safe and healthy with us- they care so much for us as we do for them. Next our vendors started responding, and it was above else, the most positive responses I received, I was not expecting such easy going vendors, I mean we picked them because they are rock stars, but they have gone above any beyond to re-secure our new date. We haven't yet communicated our new date to our guests, because we're unsure of what the future holds, but we know our vendors have our back and they will all be there on our big day.

Our wedding venue (Hacienda Sarria) moved our contract to our new date and even offered a cancellation with the return of our deposit, our hotel block at The Walper hotel was so easily moved to our new dates, you wouldn't know the logistics they had to go through to arrange that change for 40 or so rooms.

The sweetest thing above all was when our actual wedding date came (04/04/2020), we had flowers, gift baskets, and even neighbours in our building door drop champagne to say congratulations & well wishes that the date will be beautiful when it comes. We do not know any of our neighbours, but my friend and bridesmaid made sure everyone on our floor knew it was supposed to be our special day. That day will forever hold a place in my heart because it was special regardless of what happened in the world around us.

All we can do right now is hope that this pandemic passes and our loved ones remain safe. I think our wedding will be even more meaningful and special when the day finally does arrive. Don't worry about that date worry about what that day means to you, and don't focus on the numerical number, but how it will make you feel. Girls you waited this long for him to propose, so we can all wait a bit longer Smiley smile

If you're looking for the vendors we are using I am happy to share, they have made the transition for us smooth.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 1, 2020 at 22:04
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many people have rescheduled all the wedding groups im in everyone is so upset. im hanging on by a string hopefully my wedding will happen in aug

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you and we truly do!

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Laura

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like you have the best vendors, family, friends and neighbours. Pulling through this difficult time will making finally celebrating all that much sweeter.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a beautiful story of hope! It sounds like you have some wonderful, caring people in your lives Smiley heart

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So glad you have a great venue and set of vendors willing to work with you! COVID has thrown a huge wrench into 2020 but I'm so glad it worked out for you! Whenever your wedding happens it will be so special and the wait will be worth it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics