Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosemarie
Beginner June 2018 Nova Scotia

Couples Planning or have Went to Uk/ France for Honeymoon

Rosemarie, on February 7, 2018 at 11:50 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8

We are planning our honeymoon to the UK and France, a week in each place. We love music, history, a pint in a pub or vino at a cafe, however we also enjoy the fun and playful side rather than all seriousness. We are planning to do a HOP on Hop off tour, we want to to see the usual things in London and Paris... We want to see Stonehenge and the Phantom of the Opera. Do the walk across Abbey Road and Sleuth like Sherlock Holmes... I adore Harry Potter, him not so much but maybe just a ll bit. He loves sports, I love architecture so seeing the stadiums would be great but not necessarily have to see an event. Finally we are hoping to get tickets to see Jeff Lynne and ELO. Any tips, tricks, ideas that worked or didn't, Places to stay (or not). We have used Air BnB several times in Canada and think it might be the way to go one night somewhere really fabulous would be awesome as well.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rosemarie, on February 8, 2018 at 12:57
  • Rosemarie
    Rosemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are thinking 8 days in GB, 6 days in France. We want to see Stonehenge. Anything else you would like to suggest??? We are not planning to rent a car...

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! Will you be staying just in London or are you considering taking any trips outside the city?

• Rosemarie
    Rosemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW...

Now that is a listSmiley smile Glen and I spent two hours last evening compiling a list and many of the places on your list are also on ours...

We are definitely looking at the London Pass and the Oyster card to get around. for Stonehenge we will probably find a tour that does the inner circle and bypass the car and driving thing... I have driven rush hour in LA but I am not certain I want to learn wrong side of car and road at this point in my life... haha

Fish & Chips cheese wine macaroon (all are on our list). And since there will be sooooo much walking we are not even considering calories while we are away... Glen doesn't have to and I promised I wouldn't.

We can hardly wait... but first we have to get married and that is he bulk of the planning this next two months...

Appreciate all of your amazing info.

Rosemarie

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I am not honeymooning in the UK or France but have been there several times.

In order to see Stonehenge you will need to rent a car and drive over 2 hours outside of London.

London - Go the the Sherlock Holmes Museum for sure, the Imperial British War Museum is interesting, the Tate and Tate Modern Galleries, the Globe theatre, the Strand, Trafalgar Square, Spitalfields market, Greenwich (you can straddle to the time line), Buckingham Palace, Dennis Severs' House is a really interesting museum, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London, Covent Gardens, a Thames river cruise is cool too. Check out London Walks for some great walking tours that are relatively cheap (they have a Harry Potter one). Also, don't forget to try a classic fish and chip shop!

Paris is really neat as well. Definitely a great city to wander in and get lost. You should walk up the Eiffel Tower (cheaper and shorter lines), the Luxembourg Gardens, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre (be prepared for lines and lots of people at any and all times of year), walk along the banks of the Seine to see the vendors, Montmartre (one of the neighborhoods. Mostly frequented by artists), the Sacré Coeur church, the Catacombs, Centre Pompidou, Musée du vin (Wine museum). There is so much that I cannot even think of at the moment. Don't forget to also indulge in some macarons, cheese and wine!

• Rosemarie
    Rosemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the info Joey... anything else you can suggest, let us know...

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've taken a hop on hop off tour in London and found it so so so valuable. It helped me get my bearings in the city and plan what things I wanted to come back and spend more time on. The one I took also included a boat tour on the Thames which was super cool. I made sure I "hopped off" at the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, and St Paul's

• Rosemarie
    Rosemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Feel free to piggyback the thread and then we can both learn. The hop on hop off bus tours are great you pay one fee and then you can just get off and on throughout their routes and see many different venues of your choosing. Some places you can also pay to add places in and receive a better discount as well (ie a museums or landmark). We used it in Washington DC and it gave our feet a break every hour or so...
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is very similar to what we are thinking. What is the hop on hop off tour you speak of? I would love to hear what other people have to say about this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics