Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alana
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married the weekend of October 2nd, 2021 in Ontario

Alana, on September 5, 2021 at 23:13 Posted in Ontario 0 5

Congratulations! It's getting so close! How are you all feeling? We're getting married on the 3rd, and while we're so excited, we're pretty worried about restrictions getting strict again before then. Our guest count is currently 84, and it will be outside, and everyone aside from children under 12 will be vaccinated (we had this rule before the new announcement came out). Everyone we've invited is someone we're really close to, so changing the guest list and letting some people know they can't attend would be

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 6, 2021 at 19:35
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We're hoping for the best as well! Vancouver is beautiful as well. Been there many times. You definitely have to check out Kelowna and the Okanagan if you ever get the chance to come back out west! It's even more beautiful. Yeah the fires have been really bad this summer. My mom and dad were out there for 3 weeks and usually they stay out there for July and August but with the smoke being so bad and ash falling from the sky, it has been awful. Crossing our fingers for no fires next summer.

That's awesome that you got the venue you wanted! A lot of places are filled up and fill up fast! Our venue is 2 to 3 years in advance. We've been very lucky with all of our vendors and our venue has been amazing with postponing and everyone has been able to switch both times with no hassle! We didn't have engagement party either. We opted out for engagement photos as well but I had entered a local contest and we won! It was really nice to get used to someone taking our photos before the big day and start getting comfortable!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really hope everything goes smoothly for you for next summer! I'm sure it will be just beautiful. BC is amazing. We went out to a wedding in Vancouver in 2018 and were blown away by how incredibly beautiful it is there. I'm sorry you have to deal with forest fires on top of covid, though. It's such a sad situation, and for you much more stress than you need.
    And that's wonderful! I think if we'd gotten engaged a few years ago we would have had a longer engagement too, but when we got engaged in May we were just kind of like, eh, let's try for this fall! And it worked out with the venue we wanted, and for nearly everyone we wanted to invite. Everything's been a bit rushed, so we skipped things like an engagement party, a bridal shower, and engagement photos, but we had photos that our photographer friend took of us in the winter so that worked perfectly.
    I agree about the vaccinations. We made the choice for only vaccinated people to attend since we both have older parents and aunts and uncles, as well as my grandfather, so we're just really worried about them. Making the decision was really hard, though, as we have a couple of friends who aren't vaccinated. I hope it works out for you and your guests!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're feeling ok with next summer. Even though we had to postpone twice we both knew it was the right decision since we didn't want to sacrifice certain things at our wedding. Right now in the Okanagan has been really bad with forest fires let alone covid. Now with having the province having vaccine passports and having to have everyone that is attending our wedding to be vaccinated is our only concern. It just sucks having to ask everyone to make sure that they've been vaccinated or else they can't come.

That's wonderful to hear! I hope your planning has been enjoyable and everything for you goes smoothly! My fiance and I have been together almost 7 years ourselves. We've been engaged since Dec 25, 2017 so we've have a little bit of a longer engagement only because of covid and having a wedding in a different province. If we were getting married here in Edmonton AB, where we live, I'm sure we would be married by now but we both decided that no matter what the circumstances were that we were going to get married in BC no matter what!

• Alana
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I apologize that my post ended before I finished the sentence--I accidentally posted it and couldn't figure out how to edit it! We fortunately already have a plan to livestream the ceremony, as some people don't feel comfortable attending but would still like to view it. I'm so sorry that you've already gone through this! It's so stressful. Congratulations to you and your fiance though! How are you feeling now that you've pushed it back to next year?
    Aside from the worry about restrictions, everything is really coming together and we're so excited. We've been together for over seven years, so we just decided to have a short engagement (we got engaged at the end of May). It's been a whirlwind of planning, but I think it's all going well!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel for everyone that has weddings happening in the next few months. You think everything is going to be ok and then the government changes things just like that. If you do need to lower your guest list because of restrictions, you could always livestream your ceremony if it comes down to it. I totally understand where you're coming from with this. We have 74 guests and last year before we postponed again we had to limit it to 50 and it wasn't easy having to pick and choose who to eliminate. How are you feeling about everything and your big day?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics