Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krista-Marie
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on September 4, 2022 in Ontario

Krista-Marie, on March 24, 2021 at 18:39 Posted in Ontario 1 6

Hi, everyone! When I joined this site in Sept 2020 after my engagement in August there was only about 15 other people who shared this date/year date and now I see it's over 60!! I wanted to say hi to everyone getting married on Sept 4 2022 and a big congratulations to us all!

I personally never wanted a 2021 wedding and so I've been booked for 2022 the whole time.

How are you all feeling planning wise? Are you guys also rushing to book vendors up now that it seems 2022 is going to be a crazy busy year wedding wise?

So far I've booked our venue, catering, photographer and now I'm looking into decor & floral. You may say it's early, but 2022 is booking like crazy!

And also, was anyone else completely flabbergasted by costs, or completely changed your initial thoughts? I was definitely naïve in the beginning of planning and I went from "let's do a backyard DIY wedding for under $10K" to "I don't want to do a single thing" and prices adding up fast, lol.

Anyways, can't wait to hear from you guys. It can be isolating planning a wedding during a pandemic so I'm glad there's so many of us lol.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on May 13, 2021 at 14:40
  • Meghan
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would have to say doing google meets and/or facebook video chats with my friends and family showing them all my plans and pictures through screen sharing has to be the most fun! lol It's definitely helped with feeling isolated during my planning. And I would have to say the lockdowns have been preventing me from going out and looking at bridesmaids dresses for all my girls, which sucks... What about you?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So you're renting someone else's backyard? I thought you had access to your own yard, which is why I think $10K is doable even for 50 people. Even if you factor in $2500 for your dress and his suit, $1000 for the legal costs (officiant, marriage license, insurance, permits etc), $6500 can easily feed 50 people with booze (that's $100 per person before tax and tip).

But yes, people do make a mistake of underestimating their costs from the get go.

Our planning is stalled. We are going ahead but with all these rules, we're waiting to see what can possibly happen before committing to any additional bookings.

• Krista-Marie
    Krista-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats to you too!!

When we were planning for backyard we were aiming for 20-30, but it wasn't including all the close people to us. Now we are aiming at 50, which currently encapsulates all of our close family and friends. At this point there is no way $10K is doable for us since that alone is getting us our venue, catering and booze and that's for a Sunday wedding, but we've also since received some family help so our plans have changed a bit anyway. I think I really just wanted to highlight to others that hey, what you think things cost is probably way off, because I was definitely naïve.

How is your planning going so far with it being this year? Smiley smile

• Krista-Marie
    Krista-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations to you too!! I'm glad to hear that I'm not crazy and I'm also happy to receive a reply. Nothing like feeling like you're isolated in planning than reaching out on a wedding planning website and not getting any replies, lol. What has been the most fun you've had so far planning and what has been your biggest pain in the butt so far?

• Meghan
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement! And I hear you. I am also booking all my vendors now. I don't think you are rushing at all! September 4th, 2022 is coming up faster than we know it. Now is definitely the time to book, especially with people having to postpone their weddings again and us new brides! I am feeling hopeful for our date. And I can relate feeling isolated planning during the pandemic... I am also glad that there is so many of us!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement, Krista-Marie!

How many people are you planning for attendance-wise? The biggest factor in cost for a wedding is always the guest size. If you keep things under 50 (since you were originally going to do a DIY backyard wedding), it is doable for around $10K.

Btw, we're Sept 5 2021 so while you're getting married, I'll be almost one year married!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics