Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on September 4, 2021 in Ontario

Emily, on March 23, 2021 at 21:05 Posted in Ontario 0 13

Hi everyone! It's mind-boggling to think that there are so many couples getting married on the same day.

How did you meet your significant other? Where are you getting married? Smiley smile

13 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on March 28, 2021 at 13:53
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome. Smiley laugh

• Candace
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes i am!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great! Are you planning on having a dance, then, if the zone permits?

• Candace
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am getting married on September 4 2021 in St. Catharines and my venue said that dancing is permitted in yellow and green stages but we have to wear masks and be 2 feet apart from others.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so! It might even be cool to hire a dance caller and do like Cèilidh dancing too.

Well, I would love that, not sure about my guests. Smiley laugh

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It would provide some entertainment!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's looking more likely that a significant number of guests will be vaccinated (or will have their first shot at least) by September. That's a blessing!

We're not hiring a DJ at this point. In my dreams I picture having a fiddler and banjo picker playing at our reception. Smiley laugh Do you guys think that's possible?

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm, this is good information to know.

• Melanie
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to Queen's University Smiley smile.

And ya, I just found out about "no dancing" last week. Here's what my venue said:

"Yes, the Green Zone only permits 50 people indoors. I found this surprising because I assumed Green would mean back to normal. It was a rude awakening to learn that Green is a 'new' norm, I guess.Other restrictions that have been affecting weddings, but not to the same degree, is dancing. It is not permitted on the whole; however, the couple is welcome to dance with each and with their parents as long as the guests are wearing masks.Another restriction that I had hoped would lessen is for socializing. As far as I can tell, all socializing indoors is to be done seated."
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello long weekend couples! We're Sept 5, so we'll be partying it up while you're all in mental honeymoon hahaha.

I met my fiancee online. We're getting married in Richmond Hill.

Have any of you hired DJs? I'm still holding off since we're in a no dance situation and don't foresee it changing by Sept.

At least fingers crossed that most invitees will be vaccinated by then! Back in February, we were wondering if that would even be possible.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Benmiller Inn is a beautiful spot for a wedding! I wasn't aware of the "no dancing" rule. I hope that changes by September.

Which university did you go to, out of curiosity? Smiley smile

• Melanie
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi all! I met my fiance at university! We're getting married at Benmiller Inn in Goderich, ON. Hoping for 60 people wedding, but right now even if it's Green zone the max for indoors is 50. Also apparently you can't dance?! Socializing has to be seated. Hoping the zones get tweaked before then.. I can't imagine a wedding without dancing

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess I should answer my own questions:

I met my fiance (Patrick) at the library where I worked - he asked me out while I was checking out his books. We're getting married at the Sharon Temple in East Gwillimbury, ON.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics