Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shevon
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on September 4, 2020 in Ontario

Shevon, on July 25, 2020 at 11:38 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hello my fellow September 4 brides,

We are 6 weeks away from our big day! Has anyone postpone their dates? Still keeping the date? Will you be hosting it at your original venue? Have you come up with a plan B? Will you do the ceremony this year and then the reception next year? Has anyone gotten their deposit back?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Shevon, on August 3, 2020 at 13:13
  • Shevon
    Shevon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Victoria,

Very creative and a very nice of putting it, making lemonade with the lemons you got! It will be an amazing day. Congratulations and i would love an update after all is completed.

• V
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Virctoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No refund but we are just happy that we'll get to celebrate with more 10 people which was our original option just a few weeks ago. We are going to do games instead of dancing so our guests are still entertained. For example wedding trivia through kahoot! We're also doing speech bingo and I spy photo game. They get a chance to win gift cards we get photos we would not have otherwise and we keep them engaged, but it's more like a dinner with our favorite people in the world. We really didn't want to postpone so we made lemonade with the lemons we got.
  • Shevon
    Shevon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Victoria,

How do you feel about that ? Is there a reduced price since they can’t accommodate for dancing? What do you plan to do instead?
  • V
    Virctoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Getting married in August with 50 guest and we won't be allowed to dance.
  • E
    Eli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know if dancing will be allowed for a wedding party about 50 ppl?

• Shevon
    Shevon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Nourhane,

Where are you located? That's nice that they give you back your deposit but I understand not wanting to postpone again. Have you looked into a air b n b specifically for weddings? Also not sure if this is true but I heard there no dancing at receptions for venue, have you heard of this. Would this alter you looking for another venue? I hope you find something.

• Nourhane
    Nourhane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to get married on July 10th and postponed to August 30th. We're only a few weeks away and our venue just told us that can't hold any events but they would be giving back our deposit. We don't want to postpone again so we're looking to do a mini ceremony + reception (50 ppl). Still can't find a place though Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics