Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stevie
Frequent user September 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on September 3, 2023 in Ontario

Stevie, on January 9, 2022 at 12:13 Posted in Ontario 1 14

Hi Friends,

I know our weddings are still a while out, so I thought we could create a thread where we can all get excited together!

If we're already on here, I can probably assume we are all pre-planners.

How far along is everyone in their planning journey? Have we chosen venues yet?

Is anyone else feeling nervous about approaching venues so early on?

I know things book up quickly but I have this weird apprehension about being "too eager" about the whole process?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 9, 2022 at 16:22
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes! It defiantly has effected shipping gowns as well as everything else! We had gotten our flowers made up this past summer, we've gone with the artificial route. but we've had our flowers for 2 years now and when we were talking to our florist, and she does high quality flowers, she said that we're lucky that we have the flowers that we've chosen because she can't even get flowers in because most of them are coming from over seas like italy, lebanon, china etc

• Stevie
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get that! Try not to stress too much, but def start looking more seriously at venues whenever you have free time. Once you book your venue, I feel like the rest will inevitably work out. You still have so much time though, you got this!!

• Sam
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tips Amanda. I went through the wedding process when my twin sister got married but hers was before covid. I wasn't even thinking that covid has effected gown shipping dates 😬
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm so jealous of you for knowing your venue. That's the main thing causing me stress. Every day I swear I hear more people saying their getting married in 2023 and it's making me worried 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Yeah that's what they're saying since so many weddings have been pushed back. My fiance and I know we will get married at some point even it's pushed back a year or two. This pandemic has defiantly tested relationships for sure! It's made the two of us much stronger in our relationship!

• Stevie
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So true! Thanks for another perspective

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it's anxiety that gets you, you can perhaps give yourself a different perspective to slow yourself down by thinking of the financial incentives of not booking too early. Do you really want thousands and thousands of dollars locked up in vendor deposits? What about the potential of a vendor closing shop and eating your money without you knowing? That's a possibility with a 20 month timeframe and covid still hanging over us.

• Stevie
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Congrats to you as well Smiley shame

You're totally right about things booking up - I read somewhere that 2022/2023 were projected to be the biggest years for weddings since the 70's. Makes a lot of sense with Pandemic rescheduling and more new engagements than usual - they say that the pandemic either tore relationships apart of solidified them completely. I guess that's true!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You may not book the venue in the next month or so but you should definitely start talking to them just to get availabilities and find out if they fit your budget. And definitely book a physical in-person tour of the space. So many people jump the gun with only online pictures to review end up being disappointed because they didn't research thoroughly enough.

• Stevie
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome, I feel so much less crazy seeing other Brides planning ahead more than 1 year.

We had the same feelings about Sept 3 because that is our Current anniversary & we really wanted to keep it the same. We also only had 1 venue in mind because it has personal significance to us, so we booked it right away - didn't even view any others lol.

I'm worried about pacing myself too because I want to enjoy being engaged but I have so much anxiety about needing to be prepared and secure so it's a weird dual-reality for sure!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would start talking to venues fast. There can be high interest from others for long weekends.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome to WeddingWire Sam and congrats on the engagement as well!

That's awesome that you're starting to plan! It's never too early!!! I think getting your venue locked down is defiantly the most important since it will secure the date you want and you can start planning everything else around that. Plus you don't want to wait and then find out that your date is no longer available.

Dress shopping will be amazing!!! Just be aware that I'm not too sure how long now it takes for dresses to come in w=once you order them because of covid but when I ordered my dress in January 2019 it took them 7 months for it to come in. Also give yourself time for alterations if needed as well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire Stevie and congrats on the engagement!! Smiley heart

It's never too early to start planning and locking in your vendors and venue!! Vendors and venues fill up super quick these days. Not only are couples possibly moving dates because of this pandemic (I am one of those postponed twice) and new couple getting engaged and starting to plan as well. With booking early as well, you can lock in great prices before they go increase.

My fiance and I booked our venue 2 years in advance and starting booking vendors right after saving us tones of money since now pretty much every single vendor and even our venue have gone way up in price.

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im definitely a pre planner lol. We don't have our venue solidified yet tho.

I have my half of the guest list figured out with seating arrangements for the most part.
    I know the color I want for my bridesmaids and the color scheme I want to follow for decor.
    I've looked at dresses online only. I have a good idea the style I want but I don't want to start looking in person until the spring or summer time.
    I'm trying really hard to start pacing myself lol. I'm nervous I'm getting over excited and doing things too quick to enjoy the moments.
    The one thing I'm not nervous about is getting my venue too early tho. If I found the right venue for us I'd book it now tbh. I think once we lock in our venue I'll feel more secure about our date and September 3rd, 2023 is the date we really want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics