Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Evelyn
Beginner October 2021 Quebec

Couples getting married on September 26, 2020 in Quebec

Evelyn, on March 23, 2020 at 20:41 Posted in Quebec 1 17
Our wedding is planned for September 26th 2020
Is anyone already thinking of postponing due to covid-19?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Evelyn, on June 20, 2020 at 09:27
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree with you! We’re still gonna get married also at the church this year and save the party for next year
  • Brittney
    Newbie September 2020 Quebec
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We share the same date ! I’m keeping it because we really want to be married this year! My dad is supposed to marry us so even if it stays at 10 people in your yard we’re gonna do it... maybe have our close friends watch from the street ! Haha
  • Shadia
    Newbie September 2020 Quebec
    Shadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married September 6th I still have hope. I Contacted all my wedding vendors and was able to put a plan be in motion for November 7th.

I hope that because we are gonna be 70 people total in a room that can accommodate 250 people seated that we will be able to work something out.
    I’m Going through all the stages of grief... now I am at bargaining... I even took down a number so I can personally follow up with the government of Quebec and see if restaurants are able to reopen if there can be something similar for reception halls
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We booked an alternative date for next year, but we’re hoping to still be able to get married at church in September and save the celebration for next year.
  • Natalie
    Newbie September 2021 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're September 26th and my fiancé is still hoping that we could have a smaller wedding. I feel like we should postpone until next year. We really don't want to do 2 gatherings. Québec seems to be reopening slowly every week but I don't think they're going to allow gatherings over 50 by September. My fiancé's family is from Alberta, so who knows if they'll be able to fly down. I'm really disappointed but what can we do? Better safe than sorry. We will decide in early July whether to postpone or not.

• Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also booked a second date I case September doesn’t go through (which I highly doubt it will) .. but we still want to get married in September and save the party for may 22,2021..
    same date as u!
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re also hoping that we could at least get married on our original date with just close family & friends and save the party for next year as we booked a backup date for may 22,2021zz 🙏🏻
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have gone from May 16h 2020 to November 7th. And now with everything that is happening we finally decided not to take any chances and booked for May22nd 2021. We have older members of the family and their safety is more important to us than a date.
  • M
    Newbie October 2020 Quebec
    Melina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is on October 11th 2020 and I’m hopeful things will be under control by then (at least for a wedding to take place). It would just have to be smaller and more intimate, but we don’t have any issues with that.
  • Francesca
    Newbie April 2021 Quebec
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was suppose to get married on this date but I postponed it to April 10th, 2021..
    Good luck!
  • Vanessa
    Beginner June 2021 Quebec
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im getting married on September 26th 2020 as well! I’m struggling to make this difficult decision too. Keep me posted and I hope everyone is staying safe!!!!!
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d hold off until we see some light at the end of the tunnel,
    I’m laid off also..
    for now I’m going to just take a break and see what happens... I’m hoping this covid 19 is under control by May. 🙏🏻
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes me too.

I am one who is laid off temporary until we can go back to work. We are lucky as my fiance is an essential worker. He works in the northern region of quebec as a water plant tech. who manages several small communities water supply. No cases of covid yet so Im not to worried yet.

Now im torn do I plan, or maybe take a break for a month. Im currently working on invitations.

• Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I’m hoping this all blows over...
    I just feel bad cause a lot of people have lost their jobs and people are still going to be in financial distress
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is September 17th. So far we are going ahead. I think ill start to worry around the end of summer.

• Evelyn
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man this is so sad! I’m so sorry 😕
    I can’t wait for life to go back to normal 😭
  • Jenny
    Beginner December 2022 British Columbia
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is on July 18. we are seriously thinking about postponing since our parents will have to fly in from different parts of the world. Don't really want them to miss such a big thing for their children.

Damn you, COVID-19!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics