Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Newbie September 2020 British Columbia

Couples getting married on September 26, 2020 in British Columbia

Stephanie, on March 23, 2020 at 21:11 Posted in British Columbia 2 2

I'm getting married Sept 26th at Manning Park in BC... Congrats to everyone else on their engagements!!

I'm starting to wonder if we should reschedule in case BC is still under a health advisory. I've been reading and hearing that Canada is expected to be in "social distancing mode" for 4-6 months.

I'm thinking about the safety of our guests. Our wedding requires everyone travel between 2-6 hours and stay overnight (we're covering most accommodations). Also, 80% of the 60 guests will be sleeping in one large cabin. I was thinking about sending out a survey to the guests asking how they feel about committing to wedding in 6 months based on the current global climate. Any suggestions on how to word such a survey/should I even do it?!

Any food for thought welcomed!!! My fiance really doesn't want to change the plan to make a smaller affair, however, he would be up for rescheduling to next year (but we still sign papers and get legally married Sept 26th).

2 Comments

Latest activity by Bre Y, on April 26, 2020 at 18:33
  • Bre Y
    Newbie June 2021 British Columbia
    Bre Y ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!!! We are scheduled to get married Sept 26th 2020 also, but in Vernon with 120 guests. I’m currently waiting to hear back from our venue to see if she has any other dates available for 2021, as a back up plan. Trying to decide if we should just sign papers on our wedding date and just do the reception next year or reschedule everything all together or be open to doing small and intimate. We had plans to have a baby next year and as an almost 40yr old bride, it’s devastating to us that we might have to push everything back. It’s super important for us to be married prior to having a baby. 2020 sure has not been a great year and we’re trying to remain positive that things will work out and be back to normal soon!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there Stephanie! I'm sorry you're dealing with this. While what is going on in the world right now is very very serious, I'm not seeing too many September couples postponing yet. I hope you can enjoy your engagement and put some of this worry out of your mind for a while while we wait to learn more about this pandemic. Have you been in touch with any of your vendors yet, just in case?

Hang in there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics