Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hilary
Newbie October 2021 Nova Scotia

Couples getting married on October 9, 2021 in Nova Scotia

Hilary, on February 10, 2020 at 15:52 Posted in Nova Scotia 0 8

Hi everyone and congratulations on your engagement!

My finace and I are originally from Ontario but moved to Halifax area about 3 years ago. We are loving the east coast and have decided this is where we will celebrate our wedding. We both love the fall colours in Nova Scotia, so it only made sense to have our wedding when the leaves are in full colour.

How is planning going for everyone else?

We have booked our venue and are slowly investigating other vendors we will need.

I look forward to hearing all about your planning!!!

This is such an exciting time for us all!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on May 14, 2020 at 16:18
  • Rebecca
    Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our ceremony and reception will be at the sackville music barn in sackville NB its about 20 mins from Amherst NS. We both live on farms and show cattle and I show horses, so October is really the only month that would work (I didn't want a November or winter wedding) My parents wedding anniversary is October 17th and ours will be the 16th. They seemed touched that our date is close to theirs. Thats a smart idea, we had just went to one last year on thanksgiving weekend and it was great-- a little extra recovery time! Smiley laugh

• Hilary
    Hilary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations! Where will your wedding be held? We originally were looking at the same date as you but our venue had a hold for that date. Rather than wait and see what happened with the hold, we booked the week before. It is Thanksgiving weekend and we have a lot of out of province guests so the long weekend gives those guests extra time for travel.

• Rebecca
    Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! We’ve planned out wedding for October 16 2021! Wedding planning is going well. Have the main things booked as of right now. I’m glad we didn’t hesitate to book these vendors too late as I’ve seen that many people rebooking their weddings into 2021!
  • Hilary
    Hilary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, that sounds like it would be so fun!
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not currently planning my wedding. I actually work with WeddingWire on is forum answering member's questions and offering advice where I can. It's such a fun job and I definitely feel like I will be prepared when my own engagement comes around!

• Hilary
    Hilary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Our wedding will be held at the Westin Nova Scotian! How about you?
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Hillary! Congrats on booking your venue! Where will the wedding be?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Hilary! Welcome to the wedding wire group!

I'm getting married this October in New Brunswick, and I totally agree the fall foliage was a huge selling point for us when we needed to choose a date. Plus it's a lot cooler and a little easier for our out of town guests to travel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics