Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Beginner October 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on October 7, 2023 in Ontario

Laura, on May 27, 2022 at 08:33 Posted in Ontario 1 26

Well, it's official less than 500 days until we wed! Smiley ring
I know the date still seems so far in the future but, I am curious - what stages of planning is everyone at? Which vendors have you book already?

When I got engaged in Oct 2021, I was set on getting married within the year. Once I started meeting with vendors in late 2021, early 2022 I was already feeling the stress/pressure when considering a 2021 wedding. There is still a lot of backlog from the past 2 years, so that dream was quickly re-evaluated once I found out how booked 2022 was. Now I am beyond excited for my 2023 wedding and have booked my venue (caterer included) and photographer. I have the ball rolling on flowers and have researched officiants. Earlier this year I was trying on dresses, so I have a fairly good idea of what dress I would like to have too, and I still need to consider a DJ and possible day of coordinator.

How about yourself? Where are you at with all the planning? Smiley flower

26 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on June 5, 2023 at 05:42
  • K
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Call me and we can talk about what you need for a good choice

• Daniella
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice to meet you! Always happy to connect and support one another. So glad to know that I’m not the only one doing things in advance. My fiancé gets a chuckle out of my nerdy system 😂. I wish you all the best on your big day too 🤗♥️
  • A
    Curious February 2024 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It sounds like you have made great progress on getting the big things done! I have chronic health issues as well and it certainly adds to the things you have to deal with. I started planning early too so that I could do things when I'm up to it.
    You're so right about that 6-8 month crunch period. I'm hoping to have all plans and everything that can be done finished before that 6 month mark so that I can just focus on the things that have to be done in that time frame and really just enjoy myself.
    Best of luck on your big day❤️
  • Daniella
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! Thank you for posting this. It’s also helpful to hear where other brides are at. I’m September, 30th, 2023. So far I have a venue, photographer, photo booth officiant, and my general colour scheme. I’ve asked my bridal party to be a part of the day and I have some ideas about decor. I’ve started contacting a dj and beauty salon for hair. Currently looking for both a hair and makeup artist. The site seems to have a great checklist with timeline suggestions. I have chronic health issues and wanted to do big things first, but everyone is different. It sounds like you’re doing a fantastic job. I think it’s so important to enjoy the process. So I’m doing things as I get curious or inspired since there’s still time. I think for any bride to be, you just have to follow your heart for some of the process to begin and then keep going. I’d say 6-8 months would be more of the crunch time for certain things that are necessary, but not done. I wish you the best of luck ♥️
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh don't feel like that! We still have lots of time for planning! Who knows what 2023 wedding season will be like. Vendors could still have a lot of availability since we're getting married late in the year. I would say keep researching vendors this year when you have the time, and if you see a good deal, snag it up! Set up a bookmarks page for wedding vendors you like so you can come back to their pages later on in the year/early 2023.
  • N
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Neria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel so behind and confused. I read these comments and I've literally only booked the venue- nothing else. My wedding day is Oct 7 2023. I thought that was enough time for me to organize and plan, but now I'm not sure.
  • Michaela
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi also a october 7th 2023 bride. I started my planning kind if early and already have the invitations sent out, dj, photography, cake, venue, dresses and officiant. I'm a little ocd and really wanted most if the big ones taken care off
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Save the dates have been sent out as we have people on the guest list as far away as Ecuador

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Now have you sent out any save the dates or invitations yet?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ive been so afraid of cancelations or postponements that i wanted to set everything i could as far ahead of time as possible

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is amazing! You are on the ball!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not booked but ive been speaking with some

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is amazing! It sounds like you are on the ball! Have you booked an officiant yet?

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue: Booked

cake: Booked

Dj: Booked

Photographer: Booked

Hair: Booked

Make up: booked & Paid

Bridal attire: All purchased minus jewelry

Bridesmaids : gave them their colors and website to order from waiting for people to order.

Florist booked & paid

FH has yet to pick his grooms men or attire but hes a wait until the last minute type drives me insane!!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally wanted October 14th but the venue was booked, pretty much all the dates we chose was booked, I just asked her what day do you have and She gave us September 2023.

I found a venue that does it all so I am just planning the little things until closer to the date and then it's crunch time, I've learnt that I was not an eager bride as a lot of the vendors were back logged for 2023 for weddings.

August going dress shopping, invitations are sitting in my check out, don't want to buy them too soon, but thinking of sending save the dates 10 months ahead because of the amount of weddings are pushed back for 2022 and 2023. then send the invites 4-6 months later with an RSVP website.

Dresses I gave them 3 colours to choose from and they are on their own, I'm paying for their hair. Hair, makeup, nails are booked already. Guys I'm leaving that to the FH since I did most of the planning and I'm worrying about my girls.

Photographer is booked.

play list and songs are already saved.

Now it's waiting 485 days. Feeling I am missing something, but can't do much until I meet with the vendor.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exciting! Enjoy the planning! Smiley heart 500 days will go by quick!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting! That 500 days will go by so fast....good luck with your planning
  • Grace
    Grace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning a Oct 7, 2023 wedding - put deposit in for venue, photographer, caterer, ceremony music ensemble, hair stylist and makeup artist, wedding dress and bought tiara/veil, started dance lessons for exercise and learning first dance choreo…

As a side note, was really glad I bought a bridal course by Jamie Wolfer called “the master plan” and signed up (at the time, for free) Kara’s bridal prep academy to help me plan and get organized both practically and emotionally.
    Still need to put a deposit in for the DJ, solidify officiant/start premarital course and figure out all the other details like alterations, guest list/invites, DIYs, bridesmaid dresses, registry, etc.
    Started planing in Fall 2021 and have had spurts of planning and then no planning for months but I think two years of planning has been great when faced with bottle neck of postponed COVID weddings, stresses of financial planning, and just not feeling overly pressured and stressed all the time.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing a mix- all of our guest list will get a STD with a link for online RSVP. Since we have older family members that don't have computer access so we are sending both STD's and invites to them. We are planning to send the STDs 3 months in advance and the invites 30 days later

• A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, the plan is to do the ceremony outside under trees, weather permitting and a bonfire afterwards. I am definitely renting a large dining tent just in case. I know rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck but getting washed out doesn't sound like much fun 😂
    I see you are also planning for an outdoor ceremony so I'll cross my fingers that the weather is bright and sunny for both of us! We're just next door to you in London. Is the Carriage House the one at Elm Hurst Inn? I know very little of what is around here yet so I had to turn to google as well. It looks beautiful.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome! It sounds like the extra time to plan has allowed you to feel pretty relaxed so far. I hope the days leading up to the big day remain relatively stress free for you! Congratulations Smiley star

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow! That is amazing that you have decided on a handfasting ceremony. Not going to lie, I had to google what that was lol. It sounds beautiful though. Will you be getting married outside? I read it has a strong connection with nature. On that note, is the venue you have in mind closer to your family, or to your new location in southern ON? Sorry to hear that you are no longer close to your family, is your partner interested in the planning process at all?

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I was with my now fiancé for 8 years and 2 kids before the engagement became real. We were engaged in October 2020, and to be honest we lived our busy lives a whole year before I started planning. October 2021 I started planning and even found my dress that October! 🥰 I’m in love with it.

As of March of this year, I booked a venue, put a deposit on the flowers (2 for 1 service, she’s also a coordinator!), and I’ve looked into catering and have an idea as to who I would like.
    This month I just realized the photographer who does my family pictures every fall, and had done my pregnancy and cake smashes, also does weddings! So I’m going to be speaking to her about taking on my wedding 🥰
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! Seems like you have a good start to the planning. Do you plan on sending save the dates? Or are you sending out invites only? And when do you plan on sending them out?

• A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the same experience! When we got engaged in 2021 I was set on October 2022 but there's just so much to get done and even think about.
    I've started all kinds of planning and we have a venue in mind. I booked our officiant just yesterday and she is fantastic! We will be doing a handfasting ceremony. I will be making my own dress and I picked out a few patterns last weekend.
    I have to admit to being totally overwhelmed at times. I recently moved to Southern Ontario and my friends and family are a 6 hour drive away so I don't have people to help me plan and am missing out on that female bonding experience.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on the 23rd- so far we have booked our venue, photographer, officiant and DJ. We are unsure about booking a florist as we have a very small flower order and DYI them. Otherwise its the calm before the storm- we are working on losing our Covid weight gain as this fall we need to start looking for dresses and suits.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics