Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Newbie December 2023 Alberta

Couples getting married on October 28, 2023 in Alberta

Marie, on September 5, 2022 at 16:39 Posted in Alberta 0 7
Hi there. I just want to ask how much is your budget with your wedding? I'm having a hard time deciding on my own. It's really stressful. Haven't even finalized my venue yet especially that I have tight budget 🥺

7 Comments

Latest activity by Marie, on September 6, 2022 at 18:56
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, Malyssa. I totally agree with this. I was so overwhelmed when I receive lots of messages and don't even know which supplier should I start with. The only thing I accomplished was booking our wedding date in a church. Now I'm currently looking for a venue and photography/videography. You're totally right. So, I should focus for now about my venue.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Marie and CONGRATS!!
    To add to Alyx's suggestion, I would recommend joining this facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/calgaryandalbertaweddingvendors

Its a great group to find vendors, I actually found 2 this way. Everyone is always so helpful at providing suggestions.

What I love about it is, you can set a budget and then the vendors come to you. I struggled when I was looking as I knew I was planning the the height of post covid bookings so alot of vendors were booked for my date.

My only suggestions when making posts is only request one vendor at a time, as your inbox and comments will BLOW UP! and you don't want to be bogged down with 100s of options of different vendors.

Best of luck in your planning!!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem!! I’ve loved planning so I’m a bit of a wedding fanatic and I’m taking my wedding planners course after my wedding!!

If you ever need any help or tips, anything!! Just ask me 😊 there’s a great community on here who are always super supportive as well!
    Ya don’t put so much pressure on yourself!! You still have a year!! Trust me you are good! It took me a few months before finding a venue and inquired with probably 5-6 before finding THE ONE!
    Thanks so much! All the best to you as well 💖
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!!!! Thank you so much, Alyx. I really appreciate this. I'll definitely do this. I just didn't expect this to be stressful but this really helps. Maybe I'm just pressuring myself too cause I haven't finalized my venue.

anyway, best wishes on your upcoming wedding. For sure it would be an awesome one. 🥰
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s understandable! I live in BC and planned my wedding from my phone! Lol my wedding is in Cochrane!

You could even just type in hall Calgary on google see what comes up!
    Instagram is the best way I found vendors, it takes a lot of time but it’s worth it if your on a budget! Type in yycwedding or even if you talk to some vendors like photographers are a great one to ask where good wedding spots are! If you type in yycweddingphotographers you can get in touch and ask some questions! They don’t charge you for asking questions and this is their world so they know all the great spots and good tips!! But ya scanning through Instagram with the hashtag yycweddings and seeing what you like and then click there profile and ask them questions! That’s what I did anyway! Haha
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree. I'm just not familiar yet here in Calgary, so I don't have any idea which halls is great for wedding receptions but thank you Alyx for this insight 🥹
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since your wanting a October wedding you’ll probably want something inside! But have you thought about renting a hall and then getting a decor rental company?
    Venue is quite expensive and that’s where the biggest chunk of our money went. Now I see I could’ve just rented a hall saved 6000 and used that money somewhere else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics