Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on October 21, 2023 in Ontario

KELLY, on March 23, 2021 at 22:39 Posted in Ontario 1 3

Hello fellow 10/21/2023 couples!

What venues are you booking now or planning to book first? What are you most nervous about booking so far in advance?

Kelly and Dave

3 Comments

Latest activity by Abby, on March 25, 2021 at 00:14
  • Abby
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I can see your frustration there. To be honest, most of the venues we saw were offering exactly what you described but for the most part it was what we wanted (Sit down, cocktail hour, late night tables, etc). Have you thought about maybe doing everything separately? Your best bet might be to book a venue that allows outside vendors (so a hall or outside area) so you can decide what type of food or timeline you’d like. I prefer having more rigid schedules because I get stressed and misplaced a lot so I know having venues offer very specific packages was what we were looking for.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Abbey,

The issue we have been running in to is the wedding packages. Some venues are only offering one package due to COVID-sit down dinner, certain types of hors d'oeuvres between the ceremony and the reception and a late night snack table. With the mix of people we have on our guest list we didn't want some of those things. It's either a take it or leave it which I find a bit frustrating as we are looking at late 2023.

• Abby
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re a week before (14th) but we booked our venue a few months ago. We were worried about a lot of venues losing availability because Covid pushing back so many dates, but at the same time we’re also worried because we need a minimum of 150 and I’m hoping travel restrictions will let up by then. They’ve been super accommodating to all the Covid weddings so far this past year, but I’m worried 2023 will be that middle ground of it being okay for large amounts of Canadians in the same general areas to be together, but might not let overseas travel be available quite yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics