Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on October 16, 2020 in Ontario

Amanda, on January 28, 2020 at 16:09 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hi! Getting Married at Whistle Bear in October!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 4, 2021 at 17:36
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know, me too. To spend all that money and have to social distance, no dancing allowed, what's the point in a DJ, we had a videographer booked as well...now what are they going to film? 😂 I don't want my wedding memories to be masked and boring. I also don't want to spend all that money to sit around and barely have any guests or fun. If I hear the word cornhole game one more time...

At least it's still a credit vs losing it all together. There's still the option to try to sell it but kinda hard to do last minute...what is your cut off date to make your decision? Were touching base again in March but after that it's kind of cutting it close to the date...(Were also in the Forest view room, we are literally in the same boat! Smiley smile )
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are feeling the exact same way! Its not worth it to have 50 people for us either, in such a large room (Forest View) and with a high room rental fee. If we wanted 50 then we would have gone to a restaurant. It's no longer appealing to us either, especially since we'll be postponing the reception probably until next year, and still having our church ceremony this June. I wish there was some way to get our deposit back!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! We postponed to June 4! Right before you. At this point it's not looking good...we also had 200+. Postponing was fine but I feel like if I can't have at least 50 people we will cancel and take the credit for a future event...at this point I don't think I can justify spending that much for a small amount of people. And to be honest it's no longer appealing for us!
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! We were suppose to get married on November 7th, 2020 at Whistle Bear..then postponed to March 27th, 2021..now postponed to June 6th, 2021! Not sure if we think its going to happen with our 200+ guest count. Have you postponed easily with them?

• Kristen
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! We’re just down the road from you 💕
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yayyy congrats !!! so exciting!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Amanda! Congratulations on your engagement!

While we wait for more date twins to join why don't you tell us about your proposal, and show us that ring! Jump into this discussion - Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics