Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on November 6, 2021 in Ontario

Tasha, on February 18, 2021 at 08:59 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hi everyone! It looks like alot of us have a date of Nov 6th, 2021 set for the big day 🙂 I am wondering how everyone is feeling in regards to being able to have a somewhat normal wedding come November in Ontario. Are you thinking of pushing it into 2022? What do you think the chances are of being able to have a ceremony/reception/dance? (We are planning for around 60-70 people). Being able to have a dance after is important to me, but I'm not sure it will be able to happen yet in November!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Tasha, on May 14, 2021 at 11:03
  • T
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Nicolas! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding 🙂 My fiancee and I really went back and forth on our date of Nov 6th, contemplating whether or not we are ok with having a wedding with restrictions. We decided that we would be ok with having less people, but do not want a masked wedding. Because of this, we transferred our deposits and moved our date to May 21, 2022. Where we are in Ontario, it is almost certain that the wedding would have to be masked, and possibly other restrictions in place.
    With that being said, we have only been engaged since December 2020, so I completely understand you not wanting to postpone! I think you just have to make sure you are prepared for all potential scenarios (limited guests, masks, no dancing etc), and decide if you are ok with the possibility of restrictions still being in place. If not, then it may be best to postpone, but if you are ok with the potential restrictions, then you should go for it, and your day will be magical regardless ❤
  • Nicolas
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Nicolas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone! Im also getting married on Nov 6th this year and just found this post. Wondering how you all are feeling these days about your wedding date? I know we've hit the peak of the third wave and vaccinations have been ramping up so I really find myself feeling like I have two brains right now about it..one brain telling me with the rate we're going we may be able to have the wedding I want (which is 60 to 70 people indoors) and another brain telling me that there could be a fourth wave and I may be lucky to even have a guest list of 25!

I've been engaged since 2017 so I really don't want to postpone, I've already made all major deposits to our venue, photographer, videographer, flowers, cake etc. And also don't want to go through the issues of changing dates.
    Personally I've been vaccinated and almost everyone in my family and my fiances family except for 2 people have been vaccinated so deep down I'm carrying some optimism. How is everyone else feeling about things right now?
  • S
    SweetBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we can have the wedding at about 100 people indoors but still with masks and no dancing. I’m ok with that so no plans to postpone at this time!
  • M
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tasha,

While I would like to say I am hopeful weddings can be normal by November, I don't think that will be the case. Obviously, I am just speculating and have no way of knowing that; things may really change by then with continued vaccinations but I think we will still be looking at reduced gathering size, masks, and physical distancing. We have already postponed our wedding from November 2020 so will be going ahead with whatever wedding we can have this year. If postponing is something you are considering but you don't want to make the call this far away from the wedding in case things get better, I would recommend talking with your vendors and getting an idea of the "last call" date that you can make a decision by about postponing. Also, some vendors may let you put a soft hold on a 2022 date which gives you first dibs on it without having to commit with a deposit for as long as no other couple requests that date. Best of luck and I hope you are able to have your dance!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want a guaranteed dance party, I think you'll need to postpone. Same if you want be to guaranteed a guest list of more than 50. I mean, none of us can predict what will happen in 9 months but at the rate we're going (new variants, delayed vaccines), it's hard to imagine they'd budge on these factors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics