Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Minita
Newbie November 2024 Ontario

Couples getting married on November 19, 2022 in Ontario

Minita, on October 25, 2021 at 17:40 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hi my name is Minita MacDonald. Me and my husband will be getting married on november 19th 2022. This is my 1st wedding and this will be his 2nd wedding. I'm deciding if I want to have bridesmaids or not? We're having a very small wedding hopefully in Toronto. Maybe outside of Toronto depending on the vendors we find, finances and family. What do you have planned for your wedding? What are you thoughts ideas plans on your wedding?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Minita, on October 28, 2021 at 15:02
  • Minita
    Minita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem hank and thank you for sharing that with me..lol Thats why I thought I would put my message out to the community in weddingwire to see what happens. Yes I also thought if I do have bridesmaids I only have a few friends and with covid19 taking over everything I dont know if they would want to be involved? They could say yes now and than come near my wedding day they could change their mind and say no. He may want his 2 sisters and brother to be there but we'll figure that out eventually. IM trying to keep everything minimal as much as possible.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure he loves your parents but he may want someone closer to him in his personal life to be his signing witness. So that means you have to choose between either your mom or dad, if you opt for having no bridal party.

That being said, by no means does your fiance having groomsmen mean you need to have bridesmaids. I do know people who did this (husband had no groomsmen but wife had five bridesmaids) but he also told me he regretted not having someone stand up there with him when his wife did. It can feel a tad isolating but everyone's different.

Sorry if I'm complicating your dilemma lol

• Minita
    Minita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Hank,

Congratulations on your wedding. My husbands parents are passed. Both of my parents are still alive. I'll see what what the hubby says and my parents on their input about this. My husband hasnt said anything about having groomsmen. But he does have close friends, his 2 sons and daughter to be by his side.

• Minita
    Minita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you amanda.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on the engagement Minita Smiley heart

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will need a witness for your wedding, so one way to decide whether or not you want a bridesmaid or Maid of Honour is figuring out who you will pick to sign the paper with you. Some people use parents as witnesses but unless you both have single parents, one person out of the pair may be upset.

Is he having groomsmen? Not that it fully matters but if he has a person or group up there with him, it may feel lonely not to have anyone at your side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics