Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on May 7, 2021 in Ontario

Jessica, on January 5, 2021 at 16:00 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi All,

I am circling back to this website after months of neglecting it. My finance and I were supposed to get married September 2020, but postponed of course due to covid. When we set the new date for May 7, 2021, we for sure believed that we would be in the clear by then. Now that is it January and we are still in this huge mess, I was wondering the thoughts of other brides who have a May 2021 wedding as well.

Are you still planning as if it's going to happen, or waiting it out to see how the next little while goes?

We don't want to postpone again, but also can NOT have a wedding with only 10 people or less.

Thoughts?

Thanks Smiley smile Jessica

xoxo

3 Comments

Latest activity by Angela, on January 8, 2021 at 23:13
  • Angela
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am supposed to get married May 1st, 2021, we are still going ahead with it, regardless of the numbers. Its tragic that the pandemic has taken such a toil on the world, but we would rather go ahead with getting married, even if we have to do it infront of our parents & officiant. If it's only 10 ppl, we will most likely renew our vows and have the reception on a later date.

• Jessica
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you will be good for sure being in September, but I guess noone knows these days!
    We will go ahead with 50 but 25 we just can't do - that's too many people to cut.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you. Are you going through with it if you're allowed 25 or 50? This is highly dependent on us going into an orange zone status, which might be possible since you're in Durham region.

We're having our legal ceremony in Sept no matter what unless the government bans weddings like they did in Peel. If that means postponing the reception another time, then it is what it is.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics