Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie May 2025 Alberta

Couples getting married on May 24, 2025 in Alberta

Amanda, on June 15, 2021 at 11:07 Posted in Alberta 0 7
Heeeyyy oh my goodness I’m SO happy not to be the only couple getting married so long from now but I’m so excited that I can’t help but start planning early🙊 from Edmonton, planning a destination wedding to either Jamaica or Banff (depending on travel regulations by then). Anyone else? I notice someone has the same date as us *squeals*

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 15, 2021 at 20:48
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement and setting a date! And welcome to WeddingWire! Even though I'm not getting married in 2025, I hope you enjoy the planning process! I'm also from Edmonton and planning my wedding in Kelowna BC

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah weddings are suuuuper expensive. I think hats why we want a destination with like… minimal people lol. Nisku has a lot of places in the area and he airport is close and convenient. Makes for breezy travelling for sure. The smaller the better, money is better spent elsewhere instead of on one day. There are so many ways to make it special and memorable without dropping so much cash
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand that - I had a lot of friends do the same because they were engaged for over 2 years and had to change their dates 3-4 times.

I was going to do Banff - but ultimately we decided to do it in Nisku, we found a gorgeous wedding venue at a hotel and it works out perfectly for us because we can get a hotel block for cheap and a lot of family who is only coming for the weekend can stay a night or two there. At first we were going to do it in Banff - but as interest grew for those who want to come same with the budget and we want to keep around 10,000 for the purpose we rather spend money on a great honeymoon and start our house saving funds.

Initially - we were looking at elopements in Banff but as more family said they would fly to Alberta for the wedding the more it would cost because most places only offer up to like 20 people then they make you pay an extra $10 a person just for attending - this doesn't include food or drinks. So the number was getting too high for our liking. So for an elopement that originally costs maybe $6,000 with the additional people is now going up to over $15,000 because now we have to get a reception to feed everyone and make sure people have drinks, transportation and we do have to pay all the expenses for my fiancé's mom.

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh yes yes, one of my gf got engaged recently and cancelled the wedding for 2022 to elope in their living room instead. Her husband is also military. And COVID. And life itself LOL.
    I too am finding a lot of people bumping their dates sooner as well. So exciting! But hey at least you’ve only got a year and a few months to go! Are you doing Banff?
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's okay, no need to apologize. Originally I was going to get married in May of 2023 but since my FH is military we got a memo saying that all time off during exercise times will be refused and unfortunately one of the exercises they go on is during that time and it is a hit and miss if they partake in it and I don't like that uncertainty around it so we decided to move it, and then move it again LOL.

It was a week long discussion on what to do for dates and although I wouldn't of mind waiting till the summer of 2023 - we wanted to do it sooner so we decided December 2022. And I feel like this is a lot of people who decide to do it sooner. It is a lot of work and can be very stressful at times so people want to get it done and over with sooner rather than later.

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol sorry! I created a new account and deleted the other. Are you getting married sooner? Maybe I just don’t know how to use the app yet lmfao but it said your my date twin 😢 and thank you! Definitely full of excitement
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on picking a date! I am not going to lie this is absolutely adorable LOL. I love the excitement! Although I am not getting married in May of 2025, I would like to wish you a happy wedding planning and I hope it all goes smoothly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics