Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie May 2022 Alberta

Couples getting married on May 22, 2022 in Alberta

Kari, on January 12, 2022 at 01:41 Posted in Alberta 0 7
Hi. Our long awaited marriage after being together for 14 years, is finally happening! Time to start the planning, on a tight budget as we just spent 6 months and $10,000 on home renos. This gal is thrifty and a do it yourselfer. Looking for officiant referrals, hair and makeup, and transportation...all on a budget! HELP!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on January 13, 2022 at 13:35
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda, check your local wedding groups. I found my photographer on there and plan on looking for few more. I just made a post stating my date and asked whos available (rather than asking companies first and wait to see if they are available) I would recommend to do this one vendor at a time tho, as these posts can get overwhelming. You could also note your budgets so you aren't getting pings for those out of your price range.

CONGRATS and best of luck planning!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are the groups I'm in

Edmonton & Area Wedding Buy & Sell

Edmonton Area Bridal Buy and Sell

EDMONTON AND AREA WEDDING BRIDAL BUY AND SELL

• K
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Kari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are there any you can suggest or refer?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also check out the local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook. That's where I found my makeup artist and day of coordinator
  • K
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Kari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did this, still waiting for responses. So far I have found better deals on FB marketplace for hair and makeup, but not sure how reliable it is.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire Kari! And congrats on the engagement! Smiley heart

You can defiantly have a wedding on a budget!

Check out what WeddingWire has to offer for officiants, hair and makeup as well as transportation through the vendor search Smiley smile

• E
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend told me about this exercise where you write your top 3-5 priorities for your day and your partner does the same on their own then you compare the 2 lists. With any hope there's some intersections but then you select those items to prioritize. We did this at the beginning and it does help you focus on what matters whether it's good food or great photos or just having a fun chill day 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics