Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julienne
Beginner March 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on March 12, 2022 in Ontario

Julienne, on December 29, 2020 at 12:19 Posted in Ontario 0 16
Hello. Have you guys start wedding planning? Or chosen any venues.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Julienne, on January 2, 2021 at 23:55
  • Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for all the information. You’ve been very helpful.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As I mentioned, it pretty much costs around $2000 just to get married: it's avg $150 for a marriage license and $300-$500 for an officiant, and anywhere up to $1K per wedding band (assuming you're both getting gold wedding bands - you can certainly get rings that are much cheaper if you go sterling silver or silicone). A wedding for $3000 certainly can be done. It just means you can't splurge for a photographer, a multi-course sit down dinner, and cut other certain traditional wedding things etc to make it work.

Even if you can't buy out a restaurant, finding one with a private room is an option is well.

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I’ve never thought about buying out a restaurant. I’ll look into that. Thank you. I’ve also done a lot of research on weddings with a smaller budget and there’s lots of people who have done there wedding for 3000$.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To get married alone in Ontario will cost $1500-$2000 (marriage license, officiant, rings, not including whatever your venue rental is). You can probably swing it if you don't do any type of elaborate bar or have a cocktail style reception only but with $8000 for a ceremony and reception, I feel like you can get a better bang for your buck somewhere other than Old Mill.

Have you thought about buying out a restaurant? $100 per person can go much further in creating a great experience for guests at a restaurant vs a hall.

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the information about the Old mill
  • Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It may be less. We want a small intimate wedding. Most of the guest list is his family and friends. I don’t have much family or friends. We are talking also with Lansing United Church.
  • Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    25-45 people
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm...how many people are you anticipating? I can tell you that Old Mill would be out of your range based on my own research. A friend was supposed to get married there this past fall but was postponed due to covid, and their expenses for the place kept piling up.

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For the whole Wedding included attire, reception, ceremony, transportation etc no more than 10,000
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's your budget? Maybe people can make recommendations based on what you can spend.

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes hopefully if weather is good. My fiancé loves the outdoors so to have outdoor photo option would be great. But we have a tight budget so we are hoping it’s in our price range.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been to a wedding at Fantasy Farm. It's a lovely and cozy spot. Looks like you want something with some kind of outdoor photo option.

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Affordable, simple, a little bit of history. I really like fantasy farm and old mill. Waiting for responses.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What kind of venues are you looking for? Do you have any specific inspiration?

• Julienne
    Julienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven’t chosen a venue yet but we are in the process of choosing one. We like March and the 12th is when our first daughter was born august 12th
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome to wedding wire, Julienne. Most people here would have started their planning process in some way, even if it's baby steps like brainstorming. Have you chosen a venue? How did you come up with your date?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics