Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heidi
Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia

Couples getting married on June 20, 2020 in British Columbia

Heidi, on January 6, 2020 at 19:33 Posted in British Columbia 0 5
Hi ladies,
Recently got engaged and looking into doing a short engafement as you can see, anyone on the same boat? Or thinking of going to any upcoming shows..

5 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on January 20, 2020 at 00:27
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why rush for this year? Why not take your time and plan well in advance around everyone who can make it, then you'd have your pick of venues.

I totally get the "wanting to be married already!" and "not dragging it out" feeling's FOR SURE. just wondering if I missed a reason why it has to be so soon and stress you out!

What if you had a small wedding here whenever, and you guys go to Argentina for a "honeymoon/2nd destination wedding" for your family?

*Sending positive wedding planning vibes*

• Sana
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Sana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm definitely in the same boat! Getting married July 18, 2020 and just started planning this week. No venue, nothing booked, it's a wild ride!

I can also relate to the family stuff to a degree. My fiance's family all live abroad and we have accepted that we don't know who or if many of them will be able to attend. We plan to do another celebration with them in the future if they can't make it. Hope some of your family members are able to make it!

• Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately not. Most places are saying that we can do before June or after October.
    We accepted the fact that it is very likely we would have to do it on a Friday or Sunday (preferably Friday) so working around that.
    Moment to vent*, if you could give me your opinion with something I am stressed about.. the date. I am originally from Argentina, I moved to Canada on my own 11 years ago. All my family would have to travel for my wedding, but unfortunately, due to the recently elected president and all the restrictions they have implemented, not a lot of people would be able to come. So whoever can, I really want here (meaning 1 uncle, his wife and 2 kids, my parents, my brother and his wife). For someone who had 30 people around for Christmas and New Years, thats crazy different, but Im ok with it..The thing is their schedules.. my mom has tricky dates she would be able to leave the country because of work, those dates conflict with my one of my cousins' being on a summer course in Ireland.My FH sister in law and cousin are pregnant having their babies 1 month apart so narrows down a few weekends in case of deliveries. My brother travels for work and there are a few weekends he would be away..After putting all those (potentially blocked) dates on a calendar, we got limited posibilities. But no venues for those days so far and outrageously expensive tickets to fly. I get people saying to do what I want, when I want it and whoever cant come then whatever, but if I can only get 8 people from home, I want for them to be here, I want to have family.. we even thought of doing something smaller with just family on both sides instead of the bigger event (but I wouldnt have family?) Sorry, I guess I am just stressed and needed to vent. Got so many things on my plate rnSmiley sad thought this process would be a little more joyful than what I am realizing it has become and Im looking for ways to make it better..
  • Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately not. Most places are saying that we can do before June or after October.
    We accepted the fact that it is very likely we would have to do it on a Friday or Sunday (preferably Friday) so working around that.
    Moment to vent*, if you could give me your opinion with something I am stressed about.. the date. I am originally from Argentina, I moved to Canada on my own 11 years ago. All my family would have to travel for my wedding, but unfortunately, due to the recently elected president and all the restrictions they have implemented, not a lot of people would be able to come. So whoever can, I really want here (meaning 1 uncle, his wife and 2 kids, my parents, my brother and his wife). For someone who had 30 people around for Christmas and New Years, thats crazy different, but Im ok with it..The thing is their schedules.. my mom has tricky dates she would be able to leave the country because of work, those dates conflict with my one of my cousins' being on a summer course in Ireland.My FH sister in law and cousin are pregnant having their babies 1 month apart so narrows down a few weekends in case of deliveries. My brother travels for work and there are a few weekends he would be away..After putting all those (potentially blocked) dates on a calendar, we got limited posibilities. But no venues for those days so far and outrageously expensive tickets to fly. I get people saying to do what I want, when I want it and whoever cant come then whatever, but if I can only get 8 people from home, I want for them to be here, I want to have family.. we even thought of doing something smaller with just family on both sides instead of the bigger event (but I wouldnt have family?) Sorry, I guess I am just stressed and needed to vent. Got so many things on my plate rn Smiley sad thought this process would be a little more joyful than what I am realizing it has become and Im looking for ways to make it better..
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Heidi Smiley smile
    How is your planning coming along? Have you found a venue yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics