Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2022 British Columbia

Couples getting married on June 11, 2022 in British Columbia

Lauren, on February 17, 2021 at 21:51 Posted in British Columbia 2 19

Hi to all of you getting married in 2022! Anyone here getting married in British Columbia?! I am new to this site and holy am I blown away. Happy planning Smiley smile

19 Comments

Latest activity by Hailey, on March 19, 2022 at 12:06
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally get that!!!
    We're waiting till April 10 which is our rsvp date to get the numbers for food cake and snacks foe cocktail hours(we're doing it ourselves) so once that date comes I can get everything else going! The first week of April I'm going to get the marriage liscence so I'm doing as much fine details now I'm on spring break I can!

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh it’s going! A little (a lot) stressed lol just so many fine details to get to.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How is everyone's planning going wedding date twins!!! It's almost here 😁
  • G
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a June 11th, 2022 BC bride also💖🎉🍾💍 we are in the Kootenays and having a lakeside wedding!

Couples getting married on June 11, 2022 in British Columbia 1

Hope your wedding planning is coming along nicely!
  • L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Now we just have to hope there isn’t a 4th and 5th wave lol
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooohhh I didn't know that, I will put Costco on my list to check for flowers. I don't doubt it! I have our families helping out also and taking stress off my shoulders its always nice having parents and all step in to help!

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Costco is a great spot to order fresh flowers from. You can even get already made greenery garlands. The costs are definitely getting up there. Thankfully our parents are helping. It’s still stressful though!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I am super excited! We have a huge cherry tree in the back and Im thinking we will get married infront of it. we don't want to "break the bank" on the wedding as we both can see the $ going to other things like our house, etc so Im hoping to keep it under $5k. oh my goodness that sounds so exciting I love Summerland, used to go there every summer! Thats a lot of people! my list would long if i invited all the family. yeah I can see sending them out sooner than later so they can plan hotels and stuff.

I am thinking I will send the save the dates by mid-late August/September and the invites mid March. oh my thats exciting! Im counting down till I get the dress! Everything is so expensive for a wedding too! Im still researching ministers, a place for my flowers, but I am also thinking of just buying some myself and getting the ladies to help me put it all together. I really love the idea of the umbrellas!!

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like a great location! We have actually invited 145 (cringe) lol. We are getting married at a winery in Summerland but are both from Ontario originally..so have a lot of guests from Ontario. We are banking on losing about 25% due to travel. We sent out save in the dates in the spring because a lot of people have to travel. Planning on sending invites in the winter. I am struggling with giving people enough time so that they can book a decent spot to stay in downtown Kelowna. My dress comes in October! Super exciting. I have put deposits down on everything except a minister and some sort of shelter..as it’s an outdoor wedding. I reeeeallly don’t want a tent, so am considered pretty umbrellas.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome news! Do you have lots of people coming?
    It’s slowly going! Originally wanted it at our property in the interior but it would be a lot to ask everyone to travel 5 hours & I have way more help down here so we decided our backyard in the Fraser valley! We are doing country rustic so works perfect! I already got my dress and it comes in September 🥰I’m currently putting my STD all together but struggling on when to send them out as I told my cousin our date and she has another wedding to go too the same day.. lol I’m making a lot of my stuff and having the summer off makes it easier to get lots done!
    the one thing I didn’t realize would be stressful is who we don’t want to come/come.. we have a huge friend group and family but don’t want all of them to come.. we have approx 40 people coming! (We cut it down from 55)
  • L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hailey!

It’s going pretty well, thank you! How is your planning going? Anything you’re struggling with? And where are you getting married??
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married June 11, 2022 also! Smiley smile Hope your planning is going well!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile It's not the easiest thing to think of postponing for a second time but we want the wedding we've been dreaming of since we got engaged 3 years ago. The only thing we're worried about is if the gathering limits don't go up more then 10 people, then we will definitely be postponing to 2022. If we can't get the same weekend again, we've already discussed that we will have something close to our 2 other dates we had chosen so it might be a Friday, Sunday or during the week wedding.

My fiance and I are renting an Air BNB since my parents will staying at their house already but everyone else is renting hotels. My MIL works for Expedia so so was able to get block off rooms at a few hotels at great prices.

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so exciting and exactly how I feel! I think we will get a good turn out from out of towners who will likely have the post covid travel bug! Is everyone renting air BNBs? Did you suggest certain areas or block any rooms off at hotels? I’m so sorry to hear about you having to postpone potentially for a second time! I can’t imagine.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelowna is my second home! My fiance and I live in Edmonton, so we're making our wedding a vacation out of it as well. I haven't been home in 4 years. We'll be there for 3 weeks!! Most of my family and as well as his family haven't been to Kelowna, so it'll be nice for all of them to have a vacation out of it as well Smiley smile

All of our vendors and our venue have been very accommodating with us when we postponed our August 8 2020 wedding back in May 2020. They all switched to our new date of August 7 2021 with no hassle and no extra cost. I will for sure be talking to them all again in a few weeks just to see what our options are again if we have to make the hard decision to postpone to 2022. We want all of our family and friends there with us to celebrate our love but we also want everyone to be healthy and safe. So if we need to postpone to 2022 then we will.

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amanda! I’m so excited to be getting married in the Okanagan. I live in Kelowna but am originally from Ontario. So happy to have all of my extended family come to see where I live Smiley smile
    I can’t imagine having to postpone..especially twice. How have you been finding the flexibility of vendors?
  • L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Maria! I hear ya! I purposely chose next year in the hopes we would be out of this! Are you booking vendors already because you’re worried next summer will get booked up quickly? I have chosen a venue/caterer and photographer but nothing else yet! I am getting anxious to move forward with a few other things though.
  • Maria
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also getting married on June 11, 2022 🙌🏻
    I got an early start on planning thanks to covid-19. Planning can be overwhelming, so it is nice to have this group to talk with others that are going through the same things. Happy planning 💗
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to wedding wire!! And congrats on the engagement!

I'm not getting married in 2022 but getting married in Kelowna August 7 2021 ! (crossing our finger we don't have to postpone again)

Hope you enjoy the planning process as much as I have Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics