Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on July 9, 2022 in Ontario

Annelise, on January 28, 2021 at 12:22 Posted in Ontario 0 1

Hi brides! I am in the process of postponing my wedding from June 19, 2021 to July 9, 2022.

My photographer is available on July 9, 2022 and is willing to do a date transfer. However, he is insisting that full payment be made before my original wedding date. I am concerned about putting down 100% of the money one year before any services are rendered. What happens if my photographer goes out of business? The 2021 wedding season may be just as bad as 2020, and I am worried that many vendors will not make it to July 2022.

I already had a long conversation with my photographer about potential alternative arrangements but he is not budging. I don't want to walk away altogether as I already put down $2500.00 as a deposit.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any advice on what to do? How are you managing the risks of planning a wedding one and half years away while we are still in the midst of a pandemic?! Thanks in advance for your comments Smiley smile

1 Comment

Latest activity by Hank, on February 16, 2021 at 16:11
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is your 2021 date the original date or have you postponed once already? Sometimes vendors who aren't affected by covid get frustrated of having to postpone to another date when they're allowed to work.

The chances of a photographer closing shop is less likely than other vendors since they have fixed business expenses compared to businesses like venues and caterers.

If you want to feel safer with a full payment deposit, you can get wedding insurance.

I would also get info from the photographer as collateral. Getting the full legal name of the business owner and a personal address can help you sort out any legal issues if they somehow disappear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics