Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janice
Newbie July 2021 New Brunswick

Couples getting married on July 31, 2021 in New Brunswick

Janice, on January 11, 2021 at 08:58 Posted in New Brunswick 1 4

Hello.

Our names are Janice & Allan. We live in Moncton and are planning our small wedding for Saturday July 31st, 2021 at La Teraz on Church St.

Our initial date was July 31st, 2020 but because of the onset of the COVID 19 pandemic, we made the hard decision to postpone our wedding to this year. It was hoped that conditions would be better, restrictions would be lessened and more information would be available as to how to have gathering such as weddings.

Our immediate families live in NS, PEI, and Ontario. We do not want a large wedding, it is the second time for both of us, we are widowers who just happened to meet one cold November night while walking our dogs. When our Atlantic bubble was in place and the two week mandated quarantine for non-residents, I had a good feeling that we could have our wedding as I had envisioned. Now that the Bubble has burst and NB is doing poorly, and with our infection numbers increasing, I am not uncertain what our wedding will look like or what I am allowed to have, give out, or plan for.

I am going to contact Dan (the owner of LaTeraz) today and Christine (our Wedding planner/decorator) to find out what they know at the time.

I am a very hands on person and like to be somewhat in control but this pandemic is making me very anxious and incisive. Qualities that I am not use to.

What have you couples found out about your wedding plans and what are you doing? Please share.

Thanks,

Janice & Allan

4 Comments

Latest activity by Megen, on February 2, 2021 at 14:26
  • Megen
    Newbie August 2021 New Brunswick
    Megen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I am in Sussex, I am a nurse and my wedding is August 1st! I am not overly concerned as my wedding is small too, (75-80 people). I guess my only concern is that I have family who have to travel from Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta. They all seem very eager to come as long as they can come and isolate for 2 weeks prior unless rules change. I am hopeful that things will soon turn in our favour! We’ve got this ❤️
  • Janice
    Newbie July 2021 New Brunswick
    Janice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So nice to hear from you. I did contact La Teraz and they say that as long as we are in the yellow phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, not too much has changed. We are restricted to 50 guests, sanitation stations are setup and face masks are worn by the owner & staff. What a relief!

I am disappointed that we are in the red phase but hopeful that we will be in the yellow phase again by July.

• Josee
    Newbie June 2023 New Brunswick
    Josee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi janice could you message me actaully i have questions about the distanation that were i wanna go too
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Janice (& Alan)! Welcome to the wedding wire community.

I'm from Saint John NB and I have family that was also effected by the bursting of the Atlantic Bubble. I really hope that they will reinstate it, at the very least for the spring/summer season when people can spend time together outdoors. My husband Taylor and I got married in October (just before the bubble burst) with our wedding party and some of our immediate family. His parents and my brother were unable to come because of border closures. We're hopeful that we can have everyone together for our reception in the fall!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics