Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie July 2021 Alberta

Couples getting married on July 31, 2021 in Alberta

Gloria, on January 19, 2021 at 16:40 Posted in Alberta 0 5

Hi ALL,

Congratulations to all of you!!

Just out of curiosity, how are the brides managing stress in regards to planning a wedding in a pandemic? There is family we want in our wedding from overseas but we're hoping Canada opens up travel again to visitors by July. Any of you in the same boat?

Cheers,

Gloria

5 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on May 12, 2021 at 09:16
  • Natalie
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live here in Alberta as well, I am so over this Jason Kenny crap Smiley sad I live in a smaller community we are not in a hotspot, what does that mean am I allowed 10 people or just 5, I have decided on a virtual wedding, my wedding party is the same household, my mother is from NS and they are complete lock down, so my only family cannot be here, my wedding party is 17 people. I have payed for everything already, will loose my money if cancelled, I have been with my husband to be for 17 years, it took 16 years for my ex to finally give me a divorce, lol. I refuse to cancel this wedding, I got my covid shot and everyone that is in my wedding party has gotten it, so what does that mean, pleasee

I hope it all works out for us all Smiley sad I had to get my nails done, this past week because I am not sure if they are going to be open, I can fill the my self if needed, I know my wedding is July 31 but they could lock down again, I am not chancing anything, then my daughter was going to be my officiant, she is not talking to me now, family drama. lol so I have to get an officiant, the new one said if it is over 10 she may not do it because she don't want to loose her licence. I am about ready to loose my F*****g Mind. I have 4 flower girls, 2 ring bearers and they are so excited every time they come to aunties they want to try on their dresses. Smiley sad my heart is completely Shattered, I have purchased all outfits, cost me over 4000, and to not be able to have them in the wedding will be a horrible waste of money. then people say well postpone it!

I am not!!!!!! I have waited all this time to marry my Best Friend/Soulmate I am doin it with or without you'll .. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO ps sorry for my long rant just a Complete MESS!

• G
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Guess we too might have to start bringing down the list. We’ll see what happens. Keeping fingers crossed 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get the 10 person gathering restrictions. We're in Edmonton as well but getting married in BC. And BC has the same right now only 10 for gatherings and we've already pushed our guest list from 75 down to 42 already. If it comes to not being able to have more then 10 people we might postpone another year. Not being able to have the most important people their with us would be really sad in our eyes. If we have to wait one more year, then we might just have to wait it out! Smiley smile

• G
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear ya... may have to do the same and do Zoom for those who may not enter. My fiancé and I are getting married in Edmonton and right now the limit is 10 people for wedding ceremonies and our guest list is at 105!
    Hope you’re mom’s family are able to make it, there is still time and things can change in the 6 months ahead.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are somewhat in a similar situation. Half of my moms side of the family live on the east side of Canada (Ontario & Newfoundland) and if restrictions don't ease up, they won't be able to travel past their own boarders to Kelowna BC where we're getting married. We're not too sure what we're going to do if they're not going to be able to attend. These family members of mine were a big part of my life when I was younger (they used to live here in Edmonton AB) I have a feeling we might either do a zoom call or a live feed for them and anyone else who can't attend if it comes down to that

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics