Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on July 24, 2020 in Ontario

Danielle, on April 8, 2020 at 16:32 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hello fellow July 24th brides!

Nice to virtually-meet you all!

As we are all getting married on the same date, I am curious as to how everyone is doing regarding wedding plans through Covid-19. I try to hold myself together, think positive vibes and hope/pray/cross fingers that all will work out that we planned, but sometimes I end up overthinking things... How are you all holding up with everything? If you need a place to vent/voice your stresses/concerns, here is the place to do it! We are all in the same boat for the time being.

Warmest regards,

Danielle

6 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on May 6, 2020 at 11:14
  • Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Katherine,

So my fiancé and I have postponed our wedding a year until July 23, 2020. We decided that we couldn't bear the stress and uncertainty any longer and we didn't know if everything would be done in time, given the world is basically shut down. Plus, we really want to have all of our family, friends and loved ones there with us, which we don't know if a) the number of people restrictions will be lifted and b) whether or not all of our guests will be comfortable with coming out to celebrate with a guest count of around 120. We've already been together for 9.5 years, so what's another year to wait? Yes, it does suck. Yes, we would like to have gotten married this year. But, we want to do it right. At the end of the day, we are going to have a marriage. The wedding is just a one day thing to celebrate... and we're hoping everyone will be ready to party and celebrate once Covid-19 is over. I think everyone's itching to get out and party!

(Luckily enough, all of our vendors were still available for our wedding date, so we didn't have any issues with changing the date.)

Hope this helps!

Danielle

• Katherine
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What have you guys decided? Our date is July 11 and we're on the fence about postponing. I would love to hear about your plans!

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd update you all for those who are in the same boat. My fiancé and I have decided to postpone our wedding for a year and our new date is July 23, 2021. We were getting too stressed out and anxious with all of the uncertainty and though we are extremely disappointed that we are unable to get married this year as planned, we are now feeling relieved with our decision. We've contacted all of our vendors and, pending the response of one, they all have been more than accommodating with changing the date, no issues. We are very fortunate that our vendors were not already booked for our new date. I know some of you may still be stressed out if you are still waiting to see if it will happen this year, but from my experience I would recommend postponing it so that you, your fiancé(e) and all of your guests will be able to witness and celebrate your marriage (without the anxiety of Covid-19). Besides, the most important part is that you love each other and you have already committed yourselves for life (the rest is just legalities and a super fun party!). My heart goes out to all of you, handling wedding plans amidst Covid-19. Just know that you are not alone and that things will work out the way they are intended to! Keep up the positive vibes and remember that the tough times strengthen your relationship with your partner.

All the best,

Danielle

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I sure hope so.
    My brothers company was going to do photo and video now they wont be flying so well, yeah 😞
  • Rama
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Rama ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey,

We’re in the exact same position. My fiancé’s family are all flying in from all over the world. I don’t want anyone to risk their lives flying over, even if the borders are open by then. The risk will likely still be high in July. We are 95% sure we will be postponing to next year. We’re just waiting to hear back from our venue.
    Can’t believe we’re going through this... all of us that is. But all will be okay. I hope ❤️
    Rama
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same same, 106 days away!
    I dont know what to do, havent actually heard from the venue and I am waiting to contact them out of wishful thinking..
    However, my family is in Argentina (I am in Vancouver) its 22+ hours and their country is literally shut down. They said "screw everyone that is stranded" and closed borders a while ago. People need permits to be out on the street.They are saying that because they are goinf to be on this until Sept-Oct (which nobody knows) but.. I would hate to not have anyone on my side at the wedding 😞We chose July 24th because its their winter break so they could fly. If we dont do it then, we are postponing until christmas, which is when my family would be able to fly again..But if there is a second wave, like it has been said, then it woukd be our time to get it.. So I am overwhelmed, not knowing what is going to happen, not having a dress, not having a bunch of things done BECAUSE we were DIYing a bunch of things at my MOHs parents place, which we now cant go to.. 😞

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics