Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user July 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on July 22, 2023 in Ontario

Sarah, on June 26, 2020 at 20:57 Posted in Ontario 0 4

So far we've decided on Millbrook Cathedral (soft hold, he's a little gun-shy being this early so I am trying to be patient). Kind of bummed that I can't do anything "real" yet as far as booking vendors, etc. and I am concerned about balancing planning and university (graduating from my Education program April 2023 so I need to pre-plan a bit). Anyone else had nervous fiances? I'm not looking to spend a ton but literally anything makes my FH sweat.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on November 30, 2020 at 00:55
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So an update (cause 2020 has been a YEAR). We booked Millbrook, have our rings, attire, photographer, soft hold on videographer, selected our first choice officiant, are putting together the guestbook (we are drip painting a canvas with a vinyl stencil) and have almost everything for centrepieces. We basically have the last big vendors and the rental stuff left, plus the invites... I think! Good to know cause work for the both of us is crazier than ever and we just dont have the time to plan a whole lot!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I find what helps when people are not very open when you seek their opinions is to exaggerate a little bit. Suggest some outrageous ideas that you KNOW won't fly but it could catch his attention and get him to react while getting his head rolling and start spitting out his thoughts on why he would or wouldn't like something.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We have been engaged since December 2018 and really took the last year to just chill. I started researching and planning because it's the type of person I am, plus I'm more tech savvy (FH is a little skittish with technology). He's essentially giving me carte blanche which can be stressful because I want his input too, but I get it's a ways away. Sigh! But definitely saving

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! With your wedding so far away, one thing you two can start doing is save towards the event. Even a few dollars a day can add up to a nice base fund towards your expenses. Perhaps this will ease his anxiety since it's not spending per say.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics