Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on January 22, 2022 in Ontario

Clarissa, on December 23, 2021 at 23:13 Posted in Ontario 1 8

Hello wonderful couples! I'm using this discussion page since we are all getting married on January 22,2022. Less than a month away! With the new restrictions and rising COVID cases, I am really more sad each day than getting excited about our wedding that it's hard to continue with the remaining of our wedding preparations.

What are you guys doing or what's the Plan B, C, D?

Thanks a lot!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Morgan, on December 29, 2021 at 10:18
  • M
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Morgan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! Also Jan 22 2022.

As long as no further restrictions in place we are doing our ceremony on the 22nd and pushing our reception to the summer/ fall. We are live streaming for those who do not feel comfortable attending or cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons.
    Hopefully all stays the same if not we postpone to when our reception would be.
  • M
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Morgan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were only ever going to elope, so our plans haven’t changed. Exchanging rings in the back yard with our parents present, not writing our own vows, no halls or guests.
  • C
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's good to hear another opinion on what is important for a couple in regards to their wedding. Your concept sounds so fun! I can't blame you for wanting to postpone so you can have your ideal wedding.
    Thank you for your suggestion, I would have to think about how to do the mini receptions if it work out for us. But for sure, as long as there's no lockdown, me and my fiance will go through with the wedding.
  • C
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I may not have postponed yet but I agree with you that I want this to get over with. We've been planning for the wedding for over a year now. The uncertainty, hoping, and waiting are too much. We want to start a new chapter in our lives as a married couple and I'm sure this pandemic will stay for a while. For us, the important part is to get through the ceremony.
    So far, we will still go through with the original date and only postpone if there will be lockdown (hopefully not!). Or postpone our reception if needed.
  • Chelsey
    Newbie January 2023 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to postpone. Been engaged for 3 years now and together for 13 so another year isn't a big deal. The biggest advice I've found useful is to hold onto what you and your partner want most in the day (ie what's the most important thing for you). For us, it's the vibe of the party and people moving around talking, and playing video games (we were setting up old consoles to play classic party games projected huge on a venue wall). In short, we wanted a big house party vibe which just isn't possible with current restrictions. Since we can't do that we've postponed.

BUT, an option we had thought of that might be useful to you, is to do a running reception all day. So do your ceremony then do a bunch of mini receptions and make sure something special happens at each. So set maybe 1-2 hrs per group of as many people as you can have and just rotate and do 4 or 5 sets of people throughout the day at different times with different activities/parts of your plans. It's a way to still see and celebrate with everyone, just not all at once.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am one week after you both. I've already postponed once and we just dont want to do it again. I don't see any magic spell that will make this go away so we are just going to do what we can. No dancing (hurts my heart) but we can have dinner for everyone even if we have to shut down a couple hours early. My friends keep telling me it'll still be nice and they'll still have fun but I personally don't see how. It is just such a waste at this point. We started planning early so I've been at this since 2018 and I'm over it. Just want it over and hopefully by the day I'll see some bright spot and not burst into tears. I hope if you postpone your day is better than what I'm looking at.
  • C
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your response! I really needed this type of support group.
    That is really hard on your situation. If you will postpone, I noticed from the past 2 years, when the weather gets warm, the cases drops and restrictions loosen up. But really hard to say. You are right though, the situation will just get worse for sure (especially during the colder weather).
    In my case, since me and my fiance had been engaged for a while now, I really don't want to postpone. Our plan B will be as long as the ceremony can happen, we will go through with it and postpone the reception next time if we have to. 😔 I am really hoping there won't be any lockdowns!
  • A
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for starting this, Clarissa! I have been fraught over what to do since the most recent announcement. I too am more sad than excited and the stress is mounting. I feel devastated and each day just feels a bit more soul crushing. We don't know what the plan is yet but in no particular order, we're thinking:

- proceed with some heavy modifications, one of which is that my future sister in law and her kids (our flower girl and ring bearer) won't come (they have to fly in from BC)- postpone - we've started calling vendors but of course, when do you postpone to? We have no idea when this will end. We've been offered March, October, November or December of 2022- try to be patient and see if any further restrictions are brought and make a decision at that time- have a small ceremony at my parents lakehouse on January 22 but postpone the reception to another date (this is more of a plan X)
    I think at this time, we're thinking this is going to get worse before it gets better so we're leaning towards the postponement option even though that hurts my heart beyond belief. A really good friend of mine said to me tonight, "if you ordered a Porsche and I delivered you a Honda, would you be happy with that? You deserve the Porsche that you dreamt and paid for".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics